Thirty Seven: Goodbyes

Veronica

You would think after all the shit I've went through these past few days knowing that I'm in love with Shayne and completely over Anthony, I wouldn't want to plan this party anymore, but I'm more excited about the party than I should be. I got up first thing this morning and told Anthony I was going to breakfast with Tristan when really Tristan and I went to the store and picked up the food for today including Anthony's Smosh cake.

I was mainly excited for him to see this cake since it was green, blue, and white that had the Smosh arrows all over the place and had Thank You Anthony written in white. But to come to the office early was extremely weird since it was quiet and peaceful which is abnormal, but once we saw Josh, he was loud and helped us bring in the food. We set up for a good hour and everything looked great. The blue and green lights looked great all around the office, we had a karaoke machine set up in one corner (that took us almost the whole morning trying to figure out), and all the food was set up.

I only hoped that Anthony liked it just as much as I did, but it's not like we like the same things anymore.

I was standing and watching as some of the Smosh family came in and started to everyone, and I was already nervous. Anthony wasn't even here yet and I was nervous for him, but my thoughts were interrupted when Ian's smiling face came over to me and made my nerves die down just a tad. "We did it," he said.

I chuckled and slightly shrugged. "We aren't done yet; we still have to wait for Anthony," I admitted.

"But still, Ronnie," Ian said. "I mean, look at this place." I looked around, and smiled as everyone was talking and laughing, and just looked at how hard everyone worked to move stuff around, take stuff out, and bring stuff in. "This is all because of you, Veronica. I could have never pulled this off on my own."

"Thank you, Ian," I said to him. He smiled and nodded at me.

"I'm really glad you did do this though," Ian said. I looked at him and he looked at me with this serious look. "I know you still want to end things with him, but it means a lot to me that you've made sure that his last days at Smosh are memorable."

I slowly nodded at Ian. "I really appreciate that, Ian," I told him. He gently smiled and walked away, but I sighed and shook my head, but my eyes lit up and I started smiling once Mia walked into the office. "Hey!" I yelled out. She looked over and smiled while running over to me and hugging me. Thankfully, she's like Tristan and doesn't hate me for long after overreacting over something little, but I did apologize for shoving the clipboard into her once I got back into the office yesterday.

That was definitely uncalled for.

"Oh my god," Mia said as we pulled away from our hug. "It looks great in here." I smiled and nodded. "We definitely worked way too hard on it though."

"Most definitely," I laughed out. "But it was worth it. I just hope Anthony likes it just as much as we do."

"He will, and I hope he only likes what I made for him," Mia said as I noticed she had a gift for him in her hand. She sat the bag on the floor and grabbed the present which was a photo album and opened it up for me to see. "I thought maybe Anthony wanted some pictures of memorable days." Mia went through the pages and I could feel my eyes already watering just by looking at it. There were pictures of VidCon when he met fans and took photos with Ian and the Smosh Squad, there were pictures from Smosh Winter and Summer Games, and then old photos from old GameBangs.

"Mia, this is amazing," I told her. She even had photos of him with his emo hair. Thank god I didn't date him at that time, but I just couldn't get over her doing this and her being able to screenshot these pictures so well and printing them out with such great quality. I was really proud of her.