Forty Three: Packing

After feeling depressed for the past few days, waking up this morning around ten felt great since I knew life was starting to get better for me. Even though I lost my friendship with Anthony and quit Smosh, things were starting to turn up. Tristan and I have gotten a LOT closer which I didn't think was possible since we've been best friends forever, and not to mention that Shayne and I made it official last night before having the greatest sex we've ever had.

No wonder Tristan calls us porn stars.

But as I woke up on the beautiful morning, I frowned to see Shayne wasn't next to me in bed. It didn't surprise me since I knew it was Tuesday and he had work, but it would've been nice to see his scruffy face before he left. Last night was great and I'm just glad he doesn't hate me for leaving. I know a lot of choices I've been making have not only been hard on me, but it's been hard on him and he's just been dealing with it. He's been there every step of the way and now, we were finally together and going to make this work.

I sat myself up in bed and stretched my arms out while yawning. I sat my arms back down, but pushed the blankets off of me and got up out of bed. I definitely felt well rested since I didn't go to bed too late, but that's what happens when you decide to have sex before bed. Although I did wake myself a bit more once we were done since I took a shower and when I got out, I walked out to see Shayne fast asleep on the bed with his face into the pillow and his arms wrapped around it. I smiled once I saw him and I hated to even just lay beside him, but he was fine with it.

Because once I laid in bed as my back faced him, he let go of his pillow and wrapped his arms around my waist. The warmth of his body and the way he was laid up against me made me feel so safe and just so happy. I didn't want to even get out of something so nice like that. I even remember Shayne kissing the back of my head and just tucking his head in closer to me which made me softly giggle and just smile big. After that, it was just easier to sleep with him.

I walked out of the bedroom and walked into the kitchen to see Tristan at the counter eating a bagel and cream cheese while looking at his phone. I've decided to go to Anthony's today to get the rest of my stuff since he was at work and I didn't know when the perfect time would be besides now. Not saying that I wouldn't be free tomorrow, but I also don't wanna postpone it and Anthony decides to throw my stuff out into the yard until I get it. Or worse, sell my stuff and throw half of it away. Would he do it?

He's done everything else that I never expected.

Tristan looked up at me and smiled. "Well good morning, Sleeping Beauty," Tristan said to me as he was still chewing his bagel. I chuckled and shook my head at him.

"Good morning, ass," I said to him as I sat down in front of him. Tristan was already for the day since he was dressed and it did surprise me since he never said he was doing anything today, but I didn't think too into it. "How long have you been up for?"

"Probably the same time your boyfriend was up for which I believe was eight," he replied. I softly smiled and looked down at the counter. "I'm actually proud of you, Ron. I know shit has been hard lately, but you finally grew a set and got what you wanted. You're finally gonna be happy and I can't wait to see that."

"Thanks, Tiss," I said to him. "Hey, are you going to help me pack today? You know I can't do this on my own."

"You know I would, but I can't because of Danielle's party today," Tristan said. My smile went away and I just slowly started nodding my head. His bitch of a cousin; god, if she only knew that Shayne and I were together after the bullshit that came out of her mouth before. "You're more than welcome to come."

"No thanks," I told him. He instantly got annoyed with me, but he knew how I felt about Danielle.

"It's been one year, Veronica," Tristan pointed out. "It was a dumb argument that shouldn't have happened and you both just need to makeup already."