Ten: Betrayal

"I can't believe I fucked my relationship up, Tiss," I said to him. I was sitting on his couch and it was the next day. I was sleeping in one of my old pajamas I had left at Tristan's a few months ago when I was pissed at Anthony and decided to spend the night at Tristan's instead. "And I fucked up whatever Shayne and I were."

"I love you, V, but you sounded like a whore after that sentence," he said. I threw the pillow that was on his couch at him and he started laughing. "You never fully explained to me yesterday what happened with you and Shayne."

I sighed and put my hand on my face. "I brought up an ex girlfriend who hurt Shayne in the past and he snapped. He said how he could care less what happens to me and Anthony, and then admitted how he is going to lose his feelings for me."

"He admitted he had them?" he asked me. I nodded. "Ronnie, you gotta talk to them. You can't let Shayne hold this grudge against you and you can't just end this way with Anthony."

"But what if it isn't over?" I asked him.

"You still have to talk to him, V," Tristan replied. "You guys have to talk this out or work is going to be a living hell for you. Working with two guys who are both heartbroken.."

"I get it, Tiss," I said to him. I groaned and got up from his couch. "Will you take me to my house?"

"Well the way your dre-"

"I'm changing back into my old clothes dumb ass," I said to him. "But after I change and pull my hair back in a bun, can you take me?"

"Of course, Veronica," he said. I smiled and nodded towards him. "And then during the ride, we can talk about how Boze was jealous over those girls." I groaned once again and started walking into the guest bedroom. "It's a serious thing, V!"

I chuckled and shut the door behind me. I glanced over at my phone and saw my messages blowing up from Boze asking me why I wasn't in work. Matt Raub found out about the whole thing and since he was very understanding (for some reason, he was only understanding with me), he let me take the day off today. But I knew Anthony wasn't at work today either which made things harder when I got home.

I knew he was still getting ready for work and that's why I knew leaving now was smart, but what worried me about him going into work was being around Shayne. Damien and Ian are there to stop Shayne and Anthony from doing anything stupid, but it's just the thought of how Shayne would react to him.

Then again, he did say he stopped caring.

Anthony would never approach him about it again because just like how him and I usually are after fights, he will just ignore him for the day and soon after, he will be okay with Shayne. It's different with Anthony and I this time since neither have us pulled a stunt like that before.

Maybe Anthony was a better boyfriend than I thought he was.

I changed back into the clothes I was wearing yesterday, but pulled my hair back into a bun and wore an old jacket I've left here before. When I got here last night, I took the longest shower ever and that's how Tristan knew something was wrong with me. It's been a long time since I've cried into my best friends arms about a boy and I really hoped it would be the last time.

I grabbed my phone off of the nightstand and looked at the twenty messages from Boze. I went completely blank when I didn't see Shayne's name, but I still went to my recent calls and clicked on his name. I smiled at his picture and put the phone up to my ear. The picture was the same picture Anthony and I argued about, but it was the only one that was normal than the other ones.

Shayne might've already been on his way to work, but just hearing it go to his voicemail made me close my eyes and hold back tears.

"Hey Shayne," I said after the beep. "I don't know why I'm calling you instead of actually seeing you, but it's probably because you don't wanna see me." I sigh and shook my head. "I'm terrible at these kind of things, but I just need you to know how sorry I really am. What I said was wrong and I'll never forgive myself for hurting you. Just please call me when you get the chance. I'm sorry I put you through this, Shayne."