Forty One: Forgiven

Veronica

"I definitely didn't expect to be the one to take you to work today," Tristan said. We were only a few minutes away from work and I just needed to be around him before going. My heart couldn't stop racing and my body just kept telling me to call out, but that would only make people talk more about me and I didn't want that. Did I even want to hear people talk about me when I was there?

I'm really just overthinking this shit.

"Whenever you're in your thoughts, you normally want to be alone," Tristan stated.

"Yeah, but right now, I just need to be around a friendly face before I look at everybody else's face when I walk in," I admitted.

"When the fuck have I been friendly?" Tristan asked me which made me chuckle and shake my head. "You needed that laugh too."

"You're such an ass," I told him.

"That might be true, but Ron, I wouldn't think too deep into this," Tristan said. "You've been through so much shit now; why start caring about what people think? You're stronger than that, Veronica, and you need to be strong for everyone like you have in the past. You honestly faked being happy with Anthony for six months and no one even knew. I'm not saying that's a good thing, but if you can do that, I know you can do it again."

"That was a complete different situation though, Tristan," I told him. "And I must've not faked it well if half the fam knew I was depressed and fucking Shayne to make myself feel better." I leaned back in my seat and shook my head. "I just..." but before I could even say anymore, Tristan pulled up on the side of the road and I looked over to see we were at Defy. My heart instantly started racing and I just started getting nervous. I haven't seen them (besides Shayne) since Friday and I just don't know what's going to happen once I walked in.

"If you need anything, I'm just a call away, but at least try to have a good day, Veronica," Tristan said. The knot in my stomach was making it harder for me to speak so I just nodded at Tristan and opened the door to his car and got out. Tristan waved as I shut the door and I just stood there watching him drive away and only wishing he would've just stayed here with me, but I knew I had to be a big girl and do this on my own.

I instantly walk up to the building and pushed the doors opened as I started making my way to the elevator. Someone could've been waving to me and I wouldn't have known it since I was only paying attention to the elevator doors. My mind was all over the place and I didn't want any distractions. I clicked the up button instantly and the doors opened up for me. I walked in and turned around to face the doors that started shutting. I kept taking deep breaths once I felt the elevator going up.

"You got this, Ronnie," I told myself. "It's not going to be as bad as you think. People make mistakes and if they are your friends, they'll just get over it and be happy with whatever choice you make in the future." I took one deep breath and nodded my head. My body started to relax a bit which made me feel better until the doors opened and I step forward to see Anthony standing in front of me. We made eye contact for a quick second and my heart sank so far down my chest.

Because the day couldn't get any worse.

"Anthony," I said. I stepped out of the elevator and he backed up some to let me in. He couldn't even look at me after that which was hurting me even more. I didn't like this between us, but it's what I deserved. He had every right to just even hate me at this point; hell, he even admitted to wishing he never loved me. "Wh-what are you doing here?" I really didn't expect to see him again so soon.

"Well, if you must know," Anthony started off saying. "Ian wants me to stay for a few more days so we can shoot a few more videos together and then my departure video." I nodded and he finally looked at me with those brown eyes I use to love so much. "Should give you enough time to get the rest of your stuff out of the house since I'll be here. Better yet, you could get some help from Tristan or Shayne if that's easier for you." I couldn't even speak at this point. My eyes just wandered around and saw a few different people staring over at us and instantly looking away once I looked at them. "It would be easier for me too."