Twenty Six: A Daddy's Girl

Right after I watched Shayne leave my driveway, I had walked back in to my mom on the phone and my dad on his cellphone checking his emails, but when my mom was on the phone, the annoyance on her face told me that she was on the phone with Mia. She was and she ended up leaving early since Mia had a project due tomorrow and she needed mom's help.

Typical Cruz sisters; we procrastinate on literally everything.

Dad, however, wanted to spend more time with me since he doesn't get the chance too because of work. I was fine with it, but I didn't want to hear anymore of a lecture about Anthony's decision to leave Smosh and how Anthony isn't providing for me. He suggested on going to lunch and I agreed with it and thankfully we drove separately because it would either be completely silent (since he doesn't listen to the radio) or he would in fact lecture me the whole ride.

It would be a lose/lose for me either way.

Dad didn't know where to go and I wasn't in the mood for anything fancy so we decided going to this diner since it was fairly close to us and they are known to having great burgers which is a plus for dad. Dad wasn't a picky eater; okay that might be a lie. Dad is picky when it comes to how his food is made and even though I've never been here before, at least we can both judge the food together if it is in fact not good.

I pulled up next to my dad who was leaned up on the side of his car and on the phone with god only knows who. I parked my car and took my keys out while looking at my passenger seat to see my phone lit up. A picture of Damien and I appeared on my phone since he was calling me, but I took a moment to study the photo I was looking at since it made me smile and remember how fun (and weird) that day was.

It was actually the first time I had met the Damien Haas that Shayne would mention around the office so much. It was rare for me to ever be behind the camera of Seriously Super Stupid Sleepover, but it was the one time I was free and I just really wanted to tease Shayne for wearing a Superman onesie. Because who would not want to see that? I didn't want to wait for the video to come out to see it; I had to see it in that moment.

Before they shot the video, I had met Damien right away and his personality was just like Shayne's only Damien was a bit sweeter than Shayne was. Damien would of course make jokes with Shayne that would sound rude, but it wasn't and it made me laugh to be around them to hear it. To know they've only known each other for six years surprised me since they had a friendship that made me think they would be friends for a longer period of time. They knew everything about each other and they had so many inside jokes.

Just like Tristan and myself, and we've been best friends for fifteen years.

I was sitting on the floor with Damien and Shayne since they weren't rolling the cameras yet and this was a photo I had posted on my Instagram story a while back with a caption that said "Made a new friend today!" with a bunch of random emojis. It was just of him and I, and I never knew after that day he would be one of the most important people in my life; the one person who checks up on me since all this mess has happened and the one person who will look out for me whenever. I appreciate Damien Haas.

I picked my phone up and clicked onto the miss call which instantly called him. I put it up to my ear and the first ring barely went off since Damien answered. "What up, Ronnie?" Damien asked in the most cheerful way possible.

"Shouldn't I be the one saying what's up?" I asked him.

"No, it's what up. There is no 's' in there. It's just what up as if there was two d's an-"

"Jesus Christ, Damien; why did you call me?" I asked him, but I couldn't help but to laugh at his stupidity. There's a reason him and Shayne were friends, but I still love it.