Forty Two: Official

Veronica

Life was hard when you're alone in a room and just looking at a window as if something was going to change. That's how I felt in this moment while I was wearing my black Smosh Games hoodie, my short shorts, and black fuzzy socks with my hair pulled up in a bun, and I was in Tristan's living room with the lamp light on. I was a wreck and I felt like I've been looking out this window for hours; hell, it might've been since it was already night out and I haven't moved from this spot.

I couldn't stop thinking about the expression on everybody's face once Shayne reacted the way he did. They were legitimately upset that I quitting, but no one looked as upset (besides Mari) as Shayne did. The way that man looked at me with his glassy blue eyes and the depressed look in his face, I never wanted to see that again. But I never expected to hurt everyone. In all honesty, the only people I thought that would be upset was Shayne, Mari, Noah, Damien, Courtney, and Boze.

Boze. My best friend....

My thoughts were interrupted when I heard a door opening and I looked to see Tristan walking out of his room. He was wearing a gray tee with plaid pajama pants on and he started making his way to me in the living room. I haven't talked to him since we made it back home. Crazy to know that he's tried checking up on me a couple of times, but he left me be and let me comprehend all that has happened these past few days. Was my happiness ever going to start soon?

Tristan came over to me and sat on his coffee table while leaning towards me. "You ready to talk?" he asked me. Tristan really did worry about me and sometimes I didn't know why, but it just makes me realize how important he is in my life and losing him would only make my life worse. He isn't going anywhere though and I was relieved of that.

I looked out the window again and sighed. "I know you aren't happy with my decision, but after all the shit that's happened for the past few days and how Anthony acted towards me when he saw me today, it just made me feel worse and made my choice little bit easier."

"Kind of pisses me off that Anthony influenced your decision," Tristan stated.

"For once, it's not Anthony's fault," I said to him. "It was a sign that I needed to get out of working there as a producer and director, and just start over." I looked at Tristan and gave him a small smile. "It'll all work out in the end." He nodded, but I chuckled and shook my head. "Shayne was really upset with me leaving."

"You can't blame him though. Your guys friendship started at Smosh," Tristan said. "How about everyone else?"

I closed my eyes and shook my head. "I saw Mari crying out of the corner of my eye when Shayne was approaching me about the situation. I've never seen Mari so upset before and I hated it," I admitted.

"What about Boze?" Tristan asked me. The topic I was dreading to talk about since it just crossed my mind moments ago.

I looked at him and sighed. "I haven't really spoken to her since Ant's party. God, maybe even longer than that," I replied. I chuckled and shook my head again. "She probably hates me after everything that's happened. I didn't even bother telling her about the breakup, me moving into your house, and me leaving Smosh."

"You left Smosh unexpectedly anyway," Tristan stated.

"But at least I mentioned it to you," I told him. "She knew nothing, Tiss. She is probably sitting at home wondering who the fuck her best friend is now and honestly, I can't blame her."

"But I can tell you right now Boze does not hate you, Veronica," Tristan said. "Fuck, you were Boze's first real friend when she started and I know she's grateful for you. She could never hate you. She's just dealing with the sudden changes that's happened just like everyone else is."