Eighteen: Jealousy

I instantly removed my hand from Shayne's thigh and scooted a few inches away from Shayne as I started to notice Anthony approaching our table. My heart couldn't stop beating at this point. I knew we were starting to get too public with this shit and this was our warning sign.

"Hey guys," Anthony said as he stood in front of our table. Shayne gave him a small wave and looked at me, but I was too focused on looking and smiling at Anthony.

"Hey... Ant," I said, but the way I said it was the way anyone would've said it; confused and surprised. He knew I was going out to breakfast with Tristan and he knew I would meet him at work. What is he doing? "What are you doing here?"

"Can't come see my girlfriend at breakfast?" he asked. Shayne kept his eyes towards Damien who was also looking at Anthony. "Damien, if you don't mi-"

"Oh, sorry Anthony," he said as he slid out of the booth to let Anthony in. I don't know why, but the way that Anthony told him to move, I didn't appreciate it and the funny thing is, he couldn't ask Shayne to move.

"You're fine, Damien," he said. "I just wanted to sit in front of Ronnie." I rolled my eyes as Anthony started sliding into the booth and Damien followed right after him. To know I was just talking good on Anthony earlier to Tristan and now he is acting like this? Was Tristan honestly right? Was he sucking up?

I glance over at Shayne who had the blankest expression on his face, but I knew well enough that he was pissed. "I thought you and Ian were going to set up the next Smosh is Bored," I said to him.

"We were, but Shayne wasn't at the office and we had an idea that involved him and Keith both," Anthony said to me. He looked at Shayne while Shayne slowly looked over at him. "We found this game that seems like a piece of shit, but I think it would be interesting to play it on the channel."

"Okay," Shayne said bluntly.

"What's the game?" I asked Anthony since Shayne wouldn't have asked.

"It's like Russian roulette, but it's a gun that holds a water balloon. Seems like a very cheap ass game, but I think it'll be fun. What do you say, Shayne?" Anthony asked him.

Shayne nodded and said, "Yeah, I'm down."

Anthony smiled, but looked at me instantly. "Hey, I thought you were going to breakfast with Tristan? Where's he at?" Anthony asked me. I bit my tongue and held back from shaking my head.

"He left just ten minutes after you got here," I responded. "Shayne and Damien came to hang out for a bit, but Tristan had to go." Anthony slightly nodded and leaned back into the seat while Damien had his arms on the table and looked away from all of us.

"What was the point of asking that, Anthony?" Shayne asked as he leaned towards the table. "If you don't mind me asking."

"I was just wondering since I hadn't seen him here," Anthony replied. "Any particular reason why you had asked that?"

"Well I was just wondering since you made it seem like it was wrong for her to just hang out with us when she's been friends with me for two years and is pretty good friends with Damien now," Shayne stated. It started getting tense, and Damien and I just kept making small glances at each other. I couldn't look at Anthony or even Shayne.

"That's not why I asked, Shayne. I'm obviously okay with her hanging out with other guys sinc-"

"Since you know them?" Shayne asked. "Well what if you didn't know them? Technically, you don't know Tristan that well since I've never seen you sit at a breakfast or lunch with Ronnie and hi-"

"But I came here to see her and Tristan both to hang out with them," Anthony interrupted to say. "Why else would I be here then, Shayne?"

"Because you don't trust Ronnie after that situation at the club. Because you have this grudge against me and that's why you hadn't asked me to move from sitting here because you knew it would've caused an argument," Shayne stated.