Thirteen: Second Encounter

I had no idea what to do. My left hand still held up the blankets towards my chest and I put my right hand on my head and ruffled my fingers through my hair. I was in Shayne Topp's bed naked and he was asleep. I was so drunk last night that I couldn't remember this even happening.

How did we get to his house?

What lead up to this?

Who came on to who first?

I leaned my head back, but instantly jumped when the door opened. "Hey Shayne, I..." the figure turn to see me and my eyes widen. Damien. "Shit, I..." Damien jumped and turned his head away from me. He immediately shut the door and I dropped the blanket. I got up from the bed and picked my underwear up. I slipped those on and grabbed my bra as well as Shayne's plaid top.

I had to wear something before going out to Damien.

I put my bra on and slipped into Shayne's plaid top. His arms literally destroyed the sleeves of this top and I button it up enough where you couldn't see my bra as much. I walked out of the room and saw Damien in the kitchen. "I'm sorry, I..."

I put my hand up and walked over to sit at the counter of Shayne's kitchen. "Honestly, I don't even know what to say," I said to him. I put my hands in front of my face and groaned. "God my head hurts so bad. I hate drinking." When I removed my hands, Damien had a cup of water and a ibuprofen in front of me. I chuckled and smiled at Damien. "Thank you."

I took the pill and drank the water while Damien just looked at me. "Can I ask?"

"There's a lot of questions to ask," I said.

"Well lets start with you and Anthony," he said.

"He was texting one of his ex's behind my back and was hanging out with for almost a month," I said to him. Damien shook his head and I took another sip of my water. "I was a wreck and I just needed some time alone. The only person I was able to talk to was my dad so I drove far to his work to tell him about my problems."

"Including the dance?" Damien asked me with an eyebrow raised. I sat my cup down and looked at him. "I'm one of the few people you can trust, Veronica. I just walked into something I didn't expect to see and I know that'll be the next thing to keep a secret."

"I'd appreciate it, Damien," I said to him. He nodded and looked at me. Damien wasn't a bad looking guy. He was the biggest sweetheart and was someone who would really listen. He deserves a girl to keep him happy.

"So what happened last night?" Damien asked.

"Shayne found me at a bar drinking and I explained my whole situation to him while taking shots," I said. "It sounds so pathetic and I hate not knowing what all happened last night. I'm such a light weight."

"Why was Shayne drinking?" Damien asked me. I hesitated since I remember Shayne saying how no one knew about his ex girlfriend, but I thought quickly and responded.

"To keep up with me."

Damien chuckled and brushed his tongue on the bottom of his teeth. Not gonna lie, it was pretty attractive.

I need to stop.

"So what is going to happen between you and Anthony?" Damien asked me.

I opened my mouth to speak, but I was interrupted. "What are you doing here, Damien?" the voice behind me asked with a yawn. I turned to see Shayne's shirtless and in his boxers, but he was rubbing his eyes and fixing his messy hair. I slept with him last night?

Maybe it was something I wished I could remember.

"Well you said yesterday how you wanted to play Skyrim until we had to go to work, but..." he looked at me and just smirked. "I think what I saw spoke for itself."