Twenty Three: Visitors

Talking Anthony into going to work was really stressful since he had already called out, but he knew it was something I wanted and I didn't want to go into work without him. It would've looked bad on both of us if he hadn't shown up or if we both hadn't showed up. I was coming in regardless, but I wanted my boyfriend to show up with me. I hated that everyone at work probably thinks that Anthony and I have the worst relationship, but we haven't given them a reason to think otherwise either.

Though I did want to go into work today, a small part of me didn't want to face Shayne either, but he did tell me not to end my relationship with Anthony just for him and I knew where he was coming from. I knew how I felt about Shayne and I knew he felt the same way for me; maybe even more than I think he does, but I just couldn't imagine him waiting for me. He might've been doing it for a while, but we also hadn't fooled around during that time either and that would make this even harder on him.

Harder on me? I wouldn't know; I'm choosing Anthony over him it seems like.

Not only did I want Anthony to come to work because of the tension with everyone, but because I did in fact want him to be there. We've missed so much time because of our problems that I literally come into work today with a greeting from Tanner saying, "Hey there, stranger." Also, Anthony will be quitting soon and it's not going to be the same here without him and it's something I'm going to miss. He got me this job and we've had nothing, but laughs and smiles here. Maybe a little bit of drama, but it's not a real job without drama.

When I had first walked into my office, I was surprised to see white roses sitting on my desk. My mouth slightly dropped and I started walking towards them while I sat my keys and phone down on my desk. "Have you ever looked up the meaning of a white rose?" a voice asked behind me. I turned to see Shayne in my office and leaned up next to the door.

"Were you in here the whole time?" I asked him and I turned to face him. I wasn't as nervous with being in the office alone with Shayne since Anthony was downstairs talking to Ian, but I also didn't know what Shayne was capable of after our conversation this morning.

"Maybe, but that's not the point," he said. I giggled and shook my head at him. "White roses have a beautiful meaning of unity and virtue an-"

"Virtue, eh?" I asked him. He grinned at my accent coming out and I smirked back and started leaning back on the desk. "Explain to me how good I've been."

"You've always been good, V," he said to me. "I mean, some of the choices you made lately aren't good for some people." I snorted and covered my mouth from laughing aloud but it still made Shayne start laughing with his loud ass laugh and I don't know how he does it, but when he laughs like that, he can suddenly go back to being completely normal and is serious again.

Well Shayne is never serious.

"But you've always been good for this world," Shayne stated. "The fact you care about other people's feelings first, that's as good as it gets, Ronnie."

"Makes me sound a bit naive, but it means a lot," I said to him with a giggle.

"Oh well purity is another meaning behind the roses but I didn't think that sounded like you," Shayne stated. I walked up to him and punched him in his chest while he started laughing loudly again.

"God you're such a dick sometimes," I said with a chuckle. I turned around and walked behind my desk. "Any other meanings for it?"

"Pureness of a new love," Shayne replied. My smile kind of died a little and I looked at him in shock.

"Shayne..."

Suddenly, Boze walked into my office. "Dawg, I got some shit to tell you about your best friend," Boze announced. "Oh, hey Shayne."