Nine: Broken Hearts

Anthony

"Olivia, what's up?" I asked her as she pulled me away from talking to Ian. Ian was still looking over at us as if he knew what she wanted to talk to me about, but I didn't think much of it. "I was trying to talk to Ian abo-"

"How are you and Veronica, Anthony?" she asked me.

"We're good," I replied. "Great actually. Where is this coming from, Liv?"

"I was just wondering. She's just been kind of shady lately," she stated. Damien was standing a few feet away from us and started walking away. "How was the party Friday night? It's such a shame I wasn't able to go."

"It was okay," I admitted. "I only wish I hadn't drank much because I threw up on Veronica when she was taking me home." Olivia nodded as if she didn't care, but I didn't understand why she would ask me this stuff if she didn't care.

"Aww, you think you ruined her night?" Olivia asked.

"I don't think so," I replied. "I don't think she was having a good time that night, but then again, I don't know where she went." Olivia grinned and I started thinking about what she said moments before her questions. "What did you mean about her being shady?"

"So you had no idea where she was at all?" she asked me as she avoided the question.

"No, I didn't. Olivia..."

"I've also heard that Shayne was at that party Friday night as well," she continued to say. "Any idea where he was that night?"

"Where are you going with..."

"And I'm pretty sure Shayne was just talking about it with Damien today how much fun he was having that night."

"Olivia!" I yelled out. "What are you trying to say?"

"Isn't it obvious?" she asked me. "She was with Shayne that night on the dance floor."

"Yeah right. Why would she..."

And then it hit me. The reason why I started drinking more that night.

Veronica

"What do you mean she ratted us out?" Shayne asked him. My heart started instantly racing and I was finding it very hard to breathe.

"When I was last with them, she was asking Anthony about Veronica and their relationship," Damien replied. Damien was becoming a great friend, but as much as I knew it was because he was looking out for Shayne, I knew a part of him was looking out for me too. "It took me a while to find you guys so I would hurry fast."

Since it was a reaction, I ran out of the room and Damien moved right past me. Shayne was trying to catch up with me which wasn't hard since I was wearing heels and when I found those two, Shayne and I both paused. "Fuck," I whispered to Shayne.

"We're too late," he said. Anthony's face was in pure shock and I could tell he was about to start nervously laughing. Shayne started to back away, but Anthony looked away from Olivia and made dead eye contact with us.

"Veronica! My beautiful and amazing girlfriend!" He yelled out. "Come over here and you too, Shayne!"

"I gotta go do a..."

Anthony started just walking over instead and Olivia stood there with her arms crossed and the biggest grin on her face. That fucking... "It's fine, I'll just walk over here to you both," he said to us. Shayne and I were still standing side by side, and Anthony started nervously chuckling. "I mean, I shouldn't be surprised to see you two near each other since obviously you were with each other Friday night."