Eight: More Witnesses

This morning was a bit of a bust since Anthony wanted a round two from last night which definitely made me even more sore. I couldn't even get out of bed this morning because of it and Tristan has been giving me shit for it all day. I've been at work for an hour and so far, Tristan had sent me fifteen messages of just laughing emojis. He had to get a good laugh out of this for being right, but it was starting to get old.

Since I've been here, Shayne and I have barely made any eye contact with each other. The only reasons why we would even speak to one another was about work, but other than that, it's just small talk. We didn't want to put attention on us for what happened Friday night because if I'm around Shayne more, Anthony would catch on that it wasn't just a dream.

I was in my office slowly sitting down in my chair. "Fuck," I breathed out when I finally sat down. My attentions went off of me and I turned my head to hear giggles. Boze was standing in the doorway and just grinning at me.

"Somebody got some dick last night," she stated.

"And this morning," I added. Boze's mouth dropped and I started chuckling. "Tiss is giving me a lot of shit for it."

"So I've heard," she said. "He is texting me about it right now." God he ran his mouth sometimes. "Why did you let that happen?"

Just as I was about to say something, Olivia walks in. "Hey Veronica," she said with a bit of a chipper. I waved to her and she looked at Boze. "Can I talk to her for a bit, Boze?"

"Sure," she said. Boze looked at me and gave me a slight smile. "We will talk a bit later."

I nodded and watched my best friend walk out of my office. It wasn't appropriate to talk about it here since there was too many witnesses and as much as a family we are, we tend to run our mouths sometimes. Olivia could've heard what we were talking about and knowing her, she'd tell Courtney or Keith.

"What's up, Liv?" I asked her. "I was just about to go out there to you guys to see what you were working on and..."

"I'm not stupid, Veronica," she said to me with her arms cross. Fuck, did she really hear the conversation? But there's so many possibilities for what she was going to say that all I could do was raise an eyebrow at her. "To know you would do something that low and grind on Shayne while at a party your boyfriend was at."

Fuck.

"I have no idea what you're talking about," I said to her. I didn't make a face. I didn't hesitate. I just reacted in a calm manner so she didn't get any ideas.

"Right because no one would notice you at a party with another man because it was a secret dance floor that nobody goes too," she said.

"You weren't even at the fucking party so what makes you think you know anything, Olivia?" I asked her. Olivia and I have never really gotten along well since I've known her. Olivia is big on attention and since everyone here gives me the attention of doing literally nothing, she thinks it's competition. I wasn't like Courtney, Mari, Boze, or her and that's the thing she doesn't get.

"So you're admitting you did that with Shayne?" she asked me. My body got numb every time she said it because I didn't know how she would've found out and the door was wide fucking open. Anybody could hear this if they wanted to.

I started chuckling and walking up towards her. "Face it, Olivia," I said to her. "You have nothing on me. You have no proof that I would do something like that. I love my boyfriend."

She started laughing and looked hard into my eyes. "Well there was two people that night. Maybe you need to tell the one to stop talking about it," she stated. She grinned and walked out of my office.