Six: Family Time

"Sweetheart, can you go grab the milk?" my mother asked me. My mom, my sister Mia, and I normally try to lunch at least once a month with each other since my father goes on business trips and leaves them by themselves. It's not his fault, but I still feel bad since I never get to see them as much anymore because of work and Anthony.

It was Sunday and we were at the store since my mom forgot about lunch today so she drags Mia and I to help her get items to cook today. She never wanted to go out to eat; no, she wanted to always cook for us, but I never complained. Her food was always good and it was something for her to do while dad was gone.

"What do we need milk for, mom?" Mia asked her. "Are we actually just grocery shopping?"

"Can you just go get the damn milk?" mom asked with a laugh. Mia and I both laughed and walked over to the down the isle to go to the milk.

"So while we are alone," Mia started off saying. "Can we talk about how hot the guys are you work with?" I chuckled and pushed her away from me. Mia is five years younger than me and adopted as well, but I've always thought of her as a sister since she acts a lot like me. Mom did something right when she adopted the both of us.

"Mia, stop," I chuckled out.

"Come on, you know it's true," she stated. I shook my head and let out another little laugh. "Your boyfriend is pretty hot, Flitz has such a killer body, Noah is a little cutie, and my god, Shayne is the definition of perfect."

"Okay first of all, Flitz is too old for you; in fact, ten years older than you so that's a no. I'll give you Noah since you both are the same age, and Shayne..." I paused and tried to think of a good reason for him. He was only five years older than her, and Anthony and I had a four and a half year age difference. "Just no."

"Somebody has a crush on Shayne," Mia said to me with a grin. I looked at her, grabbed the milk, and started making my way back to mom. "Oh my god, you totally do! I so want to hear details on you two."

"Mia," I said. We both stopped walking and she looked at me with a blank expression. "You can't say anything to mom about Shayne. I did something Friday night I regret so heavily about."

"What did you do?" she asked me.

"I kind of grinded up on Shayne on the dance floor," I said in a whisper. Her mouth dropped and I nodded. "I'm not proud of myself since I've never done something like that, but keep that between you and I. I want to talk to mom about Anthony later and get her opinion on his and I's relationship."

"Please don't tell her that though," she said to me. "You know she will give you a whole lecture about how you have to be a loyal girlfriend and you should never look at a man another way."

We started laughing on our way back to mom and she looked at us. "What are you two laughing about?" she asked with a smile.

"Oh just how Mia wants to date Flitz from Smosh Games," I lied. Mia shot me a look and I just laughed.

"Absolutely not," my mom said. "No, I'm barely even okay with the fact Veronica is dating somebody who is going to be 30 in five months, but somebody who is ten years older older than you, Mia? Not happening."

"Okay well how about somebody who is five years older than me? Maybe like Shayne?" she asked mom. Now I was the one who shot Mia a look and she just grinned at me.

"Well," my mom started off saying. "He is also better looking than Flitz and is Ronnie's age so.." I wanted to hit Mia at this point since I knew where my mom was going with this. "I think I'd be okay with it." Mia started laughing and I just kept shaking my head. "What? Is there something wrong with her crush on Shayne?"