Twenty: The Meeting

Shayne

"What did you," Courtney started saying, but burping in the middle of it and still continued to say, "call this meeting for?" I was leaned up on the wall while everybody was sitting at the table, but all I could think about was how upset Veronica was. I wasn't trying to hurt her; I was trying to save us from feeling the way we feel.

Sleeping together has definitely caused a difference in our relationship, and I just knew that spending time apart from each other would save us the trouble of it being obvious to everyone. And it has, but it's been rough when the person that meant a lot to you has hurt in her eyes just because she doesn't understand what has happened to our friendship. Hurt because a two year friendship has died and hurt because that's what her boyfriend wanted all along.

"You said it was an emergency?" Olivia asked him.

"Yeah," Anthony started off saying and then clearing his throat. "It's pretty important guys."

"But not important enough for the others to be here?" I asked him. I looked up and made eye contact with Anthony who was standing up at the table with his chair behind him. Ian was barely looking at any of us, but had this look of sadness on his face. "Why isn't Smosh Games in here with us? Or Sunny? Or Sarah? Or-"

"Because I can only tell a few selected amount, Shayne," Anthony stated. "This isn't going to be easy for me to say."

"Say what?" Noah asked him. Ian glanced at Anthony and Anthony looked at all of us.

"I'm leaving Smosh," Anthony said to us. Courtney and Olivia both gasped, Keith and Noah's mouthes dropped, and my eyes widen. Ian just slowly nodded, but made no eye contact with any of us. This was definitely hard for him and I knew it was since they basically started this together, but all I can imagine is how hard this would be for Veronica.

Does she know about this?

"Wh-what?" Courtney asked him. "You're leaving us?"

"No, I'm not leaving you guys," Anthony said with a reassuring smile. "Believe me, this has been the hardest decision I've ever had to make, but it's something I have to do. I haven't been happy as a lot of you have noticed and Smosh just hasn't been the same since Ian and I first started. I want to start fresh and start on my own. Have my own ideas since ideas I've had aren't Smosh material."

"What about Summer Games?" Noah asked him. "You aren't going to do that?"

Anthony shook his head and looked at me. "No, but I know someone who can take my place during that," Anthony stated. I realized who he meant and I nodded my head. "I think you guys need to add Damien more to the group. He is a great addition and I know fans loves seeing him in videos. He has something different to bring to Smosh and I'm excited to see what you guys bring after I'm gone."

"This just doesn't seem real, man," Keith stated.

Just at the corner of my eye, I could see Court's expression. She had her arms crossed and was slouching in her chair with a blank face. She was upset; as all of us are. I've never hated Anthony and I never want him to think I hate him because of Veronica. I just hate that she's not happy because he's not making her happy. That's the only problem I have with him.

"I'm afraid it is," Anthony said. "Defy knows what my choice is and I'm gonna spend my last few weeks here with you guys. Last few weeks shooting our last videos together and then a video with Ian that I'm not ready for."

"Does anybody else know about this?" Olivia asked him.

"So far, you guys and Defy. That's it," Anthony replied.