Five: Another Talk

"Wait, are you serious right now, Veronica?" Tristan asked me. We were out for lunch on this Saturday afternoon, and we were waiting for Boze to get here to join us as well. "You danced sexually on the dance floor with Shayne Topp?"

I kicked his leg hard underneath the table. "Fuck, shut up, Tristan," I whispered. "I don't think you said it loudly enough."

"I'm just astonished by the whole thing," he admitted. "You and Shayne? I mean, I've would've guessed it since you're both attractive people, but.."

"Tristan!" I announced out. "That isn't the point at all. Why is that the only thing you are caring about at this moment?"

"Because maybe this is what you need," he stated. "Maybe you need Shayne more than you need Anthony. I'd ship it." I just looked at him as he sipped his drink. "V, you can give me that angry look at you want, but in all seriousness, this should've been your wake up call."

"I did a wrong thing last night," I said.

"You did something that should've made you realize where you relationship is going with Anthony," he corrected. "God damn, you were just telling me yesterday how unhappy you are with Anthony and now you feel terrible for grinding up on Shayne? Because that makes sense, V."

I didn't even know how to react since Boze was standing next to Tristan when he said that. "I came at the wrong time, wow," she said. "Tristan, can I talk to her for a bit alone?"

"Yeah, I have to piss anyway," he said. He slid out of the booth and walked to the bathroom while Boze sat down in his booth.

"What happened last night?" she asked me. "Apparently I should've been watching you and not Tristan. He was keeping himself occupied last night."

"How do you mean?" I asked.

"These skanks decided to pull him to the dance floor and grind up on him so I pushed one of the bitches back and pulled Tristan away," she replied. I grinned and she started chuckling. "Don't start with me." I laughed and shook my head. "Anyway, when I got him, I saw Anthony waving a shot glass around and dancing around the bar. I knew at that point, it was time for them both to go. I had no idea where you were and the only person I saw was Ian. I would've never guessed you were on the dance floor with Shayne."

"Yeah," I slowly said. "I feel awful about it too."

"Was Shayne hard at all?" Boze asked me. My eyes widen and she instantly laughed out loud. "I did not expect you to react that way. That was perfect." I shook my head and she exhaled loudly. "Was he though?"

"Very," I replied.

"I've always imagined..."

"Ericka Bozeman!" She couldn't stop laughing at this point. Why were my best friends so cool about what I did? "How are you so calm about this? I did something terrible."

"With one of the most attractive guys from Smosh," she said. I put my hands on my face and groaned. "V, I'm the wrong person to ask relationship advice from since I have commitment issues as it is. Hell, I dragged a guy out of a bar who was flirting with other girls and I don't even have feelings for the guy."

"So you say," I said. She snorted and shook her head. "Come on, you know you got a bit jealous with him being around those girls."

"And what's your point?"

"You have a bit of feelings for him," I said. "But of course, you and Tristan won't make that known since you both are scared of commitment." She shrugged and scooted down the seat more when she saw Tristan making his way back to us.

"So I kind of just ran into somebody you two know very well," he said to us. I looked at him, but then looked to see someone walk up to our booth.