Fourteen: The Real Talk

I was really sore this time. I kept slipping my clothes back on and slightly groaning in a bit of pain. "You okay?" Shayne asked me. I turned my head and saw him putting his pants back on. He messed with his hair and crawled back up on the bed as I put my top back on.

"Just a bit sore," I replied. He smirked and I chuckled when I pushed his head back. "I'll be fine. I'll just have to fake it at work today and I guess fake it when I get home." He nodded and looked at me. He leaned to kiss me and I kissed him back, but a bit of guilt started taken over my mind. We put our heads together and I sighed. "I'm gonna talk to Anthony today."

"What are you going to say?" Shayne asked pulling away from me. I didn't honestly know what I was going to say. I did the lowest thing possible in my life when I just lectured him about being a terrible boyfriend, but I already knew our relationship was dying to begin with. Cheating wasn't okay, I knew that, but Anthony should've known that our relationship was over after this.

"I don't know yet," I said to him. "I need to figure out this whole Miel situation first and I guess just go on from there." Shayne nodded his head and I chuckled at myself. "But what I really need is to take a shower and get out of these damn clothes."

"No kidding," Shayne said. I smacked his arm and he started laughing, but my mouth dropped when I saw Shayne's back.

"Fuck, Shayne," I said to him, placing my hand on his back and rubbing the scratches with the top of my fingers.

"You already did that," he stated. I smacked his back and he kept on laughing. "Yeah I know, but I'll be okay. I don't see me taking my shirt off in front of everyone anytime soon and if they ask, I'll say no."

"Please at least try to lie if they do talk you out of taking your shirt off," I said to him. He laughed and nodded at me. He got up from the bed and grabbed his shirt from the floor.

"When you do figure it out, just let me know, okay?" He asked me. His crystal blue eyes were shining deep into my eyes and I started feeling bad for what I've done. I shouldn't have slept with him so soon and I'm afraid that our friendship will go downhill after this.

Maybe that's what happened with Frankie and him... "What if..."

"Whatever happens, happens, Ronnie," Shayne said to me. "We will just figure it out, but..."

I got up from the bed and basically jumped into his arms for a hug. My arms were wrapped around his neck and he had caught me in mid air; putting his hands on my hips, but pulling me into the hug. "Thank you for being there," I said to him.

He nodded and kissed the side of my head. "Good luck, Ronnie," he said to me. We pulled away and I walked out of his room to go put my shoes on. "How did you plan on getting home?"

"I had texted Tristan earlier and told him to meet me a few blocks away from here," I said to him. "He should be there soon, but I didn't want him here and questioning me."

"But you'll probably tell him anyway," Shayne stated.

"Hey, your best friend knows so why can't mine?" I asked him with a grin as I slipped my shoes on.

"How was I suppose to know Damien would just show up at my apartment?" Shayne asked me. "Wait, you didn't tell him about Frankie did you? I thought I hea-"

"No, Shayne," I interrupted him to say. "He doesn't know anything about Frankie. I'm not putting your business out there like that and I didn't think he needed to know." Shayne sighed in relief which made my eyebrow raise. "What?"

"You seemed way too happy that Damien doesn't know," I pointed out. "Why can't Damien know about Frankie?"

"It's complicated," Shayne replied. I snorted and put my other shoe on. "He has a thing for her, Veronica. That's why and I felt awful about it. He was really into her and fuck, when she asked to come live with me, he was the first person I thought about. I wanted to tell him that she was living with me, but I didn't have the heart too."