Twenty Four: After Dinner

"Oh come on, why is it such a big deal that I'm not vegan, Ant?" I asked him as I stuck my fork back into our chocolate cake we were sharing and try getting myself a piece of it.

"I literally had to sit here and watch you eat a steak right in front of me, Ron," he replied with a chuckle. "That's awful."

"No, the steak was great," I grinned as I took a bite of the cake. "My boyfriend watching me eat it was the only thing that made it unappetizing." Anthony laughed and I smiled while taking another bite of the chocolate cake. "Is it that big of a deal?"

"Of course not," Anthony replied as he put cake on his fork and put his hand under it. I knew what he was doing and I leaned in as he put the cake in my mouth. I smiled and wiped my lip as the cake fell a bit on it. "But would you ever consider it?"

"Going vegan?" I asked him. He nodded and I sat my fork down. I was full after having a big meal (that Anthony paid for) and then a desert that him and I were both sharing. The night didn't go as bad as I thought it would; we just talked and joked like we use too, and it was great since we haven't done in forever. We needed this and I'm glad he had finally realized that's what he needed. I leaned back into my seat and I could see the grin on Anthony's face.

"You shouldn't be thinking that heavy about it," Anthony said. I giggled and shook my head at him.

"And that's where you're wrong, Padilla," I said with a small giggle. "See, we need meat. I gotta have my thick cheeseburgers and my medium well steaks to live."

"I can give you meat," Anthony mumbled as he took another bite of the cake. I kicked his leg from underneath the table and he goes, "Ow, fuck!" I started instantly shushing him since eyes darted right at us. Anthony could never be quiet anywhere he went, but that's what made Anthony, Anthony.

"You're an ass," I said to him. He smirked and leaned on the table. "It might be slightly true, but you're an ass."

"You know I'm messing," he stated with a smile. He leaned back on his seat and looked at me. "Can I apologize for something?" I raised my eyebrow at him and he continued on. "I know I got on you this morning for always walking out whenever we had an argument, but I always used sex against you whenever we got into an argument that started to die down an-"

"Ant, that's partially my fault too," I said to him. "I could stop you and tell you that we need to talk this through, but I don't because apart of me wants sex just as much as you do."

"What's wrong with us?" Anthony asked with a small chuckle as he finally leaned back on the table. I looked at him and placed my hand on his hand. He looked back up at me and I gave him a small smile.

"We're just a normal couple, Anthony. We've had our problems, but we are working on them. Like a couple does," I told him. He smiled and picked my hand up while gently kissing it. I smiled and I pulled my hand away. "Now let's get going. I'm ready to get home, but first I need to grab my baby that's at Shayne's apartment."

Baby... I completely forgot about that, but I'm just glad I didn't let that slip when I was talking to Mia earlier. If she knew, I wouldn't have heard the end of it and she definitely would've told me to end things with Anthony. I'm just not ready for that yet and to know that Anthony is actually trying right now, it felt great. This "trying" wasn't be forceful or too cute or anything like before. He was being himself again and I loved it.

As we scooted out of the booth, I opened my wallet, but Anthony grabbed my hand to stop me. "Ant, let me at least tip. You paid for everything else," I said to him. He groaned and I giggled as I watched him walk away. I sat the twenty on the table and went to catch up with him. I ran up behind him and wrapped my arms around him. "You know I have to be like that. We've been together for how long now and you're still paying?"