tommy shelby: lust. (smut warning)

LUST.

"Don't think red's your colour, Tommy," you said with a chuckle. Tommy was stood in your living room, a red dress in one hand and a pair of shoes in the other.

"Very funny, [y/n], there for you." Tommy thrusted them towards you and you took them with a appreciative look on your face. "I was going to take you to one of the premium clubs in Birmingham."

"What, and then smash the place up until it belongs to you?" You raised one eyebrow, playfully, and Tommy shook his head.

"Your being bothersome today," Tommy grumbled. "Come here." He pulled you into his chest, wrapping his arms around your waist as he hummed a tune. You looked up, your chin resting on Tommy's chest and rolled your eyes. "What?"

"Why are you hugging me?"

"Because I've missed ya, problem?"

"No but you only saw me the other day and anyway, it's your own fault. You know where I am."

"Yeah, and you know where I am."

"But I didn't miss ya," you said, cheekily. Tommy scoffed and pushed you away.

"I bet you did miss me." Tommy drew out a cigarette and lit it, throwing one towards you as you sat on the sofa. He fell beside you and wrapped one of his arms around your shoulder. "I'll be picking you up at eight."

"What if I don't wanna go?"

"You do," Tommy said with a smile.

You accepted that he was right and continued to inhale and exhale the smoke. Tommy's eyes diverting to you ever so frequently, a smirk on his face. Tommy left soon after, once again promising to be there at eight, which left you to your own devices for the rest of the day. You thought back on yours and Tommy's affiliation, the intimacy, the entertaining times, the miserable times and the heartbreak. Tommy had been with you through all the hard times and vice versa. There were no feelings in the friendship, just banter and the occasional flirting. It was a solid friendship, unbreakable, and nobody would ruin that.

Tommy stuck to his promise and was outside your door at eight pm, dressed in his finest suit, and a bunch of flowers. You smirked and took them from his hand, quickly placing them in a vase. Tommy did look good, there was no doubting that. He was possibly the most-handsome man in Small Heath but you would never confess this to him. Tommy still brought up the time that you kissed him on the cheek and claimed that you were madly in love with him.

"I really appreciate these flowers," you admitted, once you had got inside of the car. "I haven't received flowers in a while."

"I find that hard to believe," Tommy spoke. Both hands were on the steering wheel but his gaze kept skimming back to you. His eyes running up and down the dress, appreciating every small detail.

"No, it's true. No man seems to be interested in me, do you know why?"

"Let me guess, it's my fault."

"Aye, that's right. As soon as they find out I'm best mates with you, they do a runner. So, I want you to know that the reason I am lonely is because of you and your ways." The words you spoke was in a mocking manner, which Tommy knew.

He shrugged his shoulders before he replied, the words leaving you stunned for a moment. "You'll just have to marry me, won't you?" Unsure if he was teasing or not, you overlooked his comment and turned your attention to the outside world.

"We'll see, Mr Shelby," you spoke after a few minutes of silence. "We will see."

The night consisted of beverages, twirling, communicating and most of all, seducing. One of Tommy's hands was rested on the bottom of your back, his body pressed into yours. The closeness was rare, but you didn't hate it. In fact, you found yourself pressing further into Tommy. The alcohol was not helping the matter. After spending months alone, with no touch from anyone but yourself, you craved the feeling of another man. Even if it was your best friend.