tommy shelby: mrs briddon. (smut warning)

The start of the war was distressing - a series of events that led to the downfall in yours and Tommy's secret fling that had lasted a year. The two of you had done well at keeping the relationship a secret and away from prying eyes and gossiping upper-class noblewoman who had nothing better to do with their lives. Coming from a high-status household, there would be riots if the truth about yours and Tommy's relationship was revealed to the public. Still, the two of you continued to see each other in some cheap motel away from Birmingham, spending the night tangled in each other's bodies and the bed sheets.

Two years into the war, the arranged marriage between you and Andrew Briddon - another high-class citizen who had earned his name around England for his charity work and old money - was finalised and within a week, you were moving into a grand home on the outskirts of Birmingham in the rural area. it was a lovely relationship, filled with laughter and dinners, gowns and champagne but you missed the threatening, rough Tommy Shelby that you had grown to worship before the world fell into a cycle of dishonesty and death. No matter how hard you tried, you would always find yourself thinking about Tommy at random points throughout the week - sometimes more than usual. It was as if he was stuck inside of your brain on repeat and you were unable to forget him.

It was a spur of the moment decision to travel back into the depths of Small Heath. It had been announced that the war was over, and soldiers were starting to return home from their posts and France, meaning that Tommy would hopefully be back at home as well. It was a dangerous thing to do for you, returning to the place that you once found solidarity and peace. It had been four years since you had waved Tommy off from the back of the crowd and five years since you had attended a charity event at the local community centre, unaware that you would find heavenly love.

It was still the same except the children were older, the mothers were more tired, and the fathers were struggling. Your husband, who had decided to come along with you, unaware of your true attentions, looked at the people and gave them sympathy smiles which you knew that local area hated. They didn't want sympathy, they wanted help and closure.

"Where are we actually going?" Andrew asked as he glanced at his watch, checking the time. The two of you had checked into one of the fancier hotels - Andrew didn't want to be seen in the local bed and breakfast - and had made your way down to the streets. Unaware to Andrew, you had been both walking towards The Garrison. You had heard from one of the locals when Andrew was busy buying something at the shop that a party was being hold there - Shelby style.

"A pub that I used to visit when I did charity work down here. It's completely different to what you are used to attending but I believe that you will enjoy it once you have got a few drinks down you. Please don't be a killjoy," you said with a joking smile.

Andrew chuckled before placing his arm across your shoulder. "I wouldn't dare of it, love. Just make sure you don't leave me alone with these people because I don't know how to talk to them."

Pulling a face of disgust, you pushed Andrew away from you. "Talk to them like you'd talk to the people at those bloody fancy dinners. They are human, and they've been through a rough time."

Andrew nodded, not daring to put up a fight with you before finally asking a question that had been bugging him since you had announced that you wanted to come back down to Small Heath. "Who are you hoping to see tonight?"

You shrugged your shoulders before smiling softly, more to yourself than Andrew. "An old friend."

Tommy's heart started to jump as he saw you step inside of The Garrison, only for it to drop once he saw the other man on your arm. Never in his life did Tommy expect to see you again. It had been a long time and he had expected you to move on and be with somebody else. There had been no labels on your relationship and Tommy didn't expect you to wait for him.