tommy shelby: cinema mischief. (smut warning)

After marrying Tommy before the war and being there as the business blossomed into the empire that it was now, you got used to his long periods of absence where he would be engaged in another part of the country, dealing with whatever trouble had happened. It became easier once you had moved into the big stately home, the maids keeping you company as they served you breakfast but it was still somewhat lonely, and you missed Tommy being in and around the house, even if he was busy with meetings or doing paperwork. Just the simple kiss on your cheek before he went down to Small Heath was missed. The large bed was cold without his body pressed against yours, his fingers trailing along your curves and the late-night heart-to-hearts that you deeply adored.

It was what you had signed up for all those years ago when the business first started. Tommy had always had dreams and hopes, plans to make a secure future for the two of you and the children that you would bring into the world. Tommy had flourished and kept to his promise; your life now full of glamour, dinners and luxurious champagne. You could live contentedly - to a certain extent - but you would do anything to go back to the times when you were struggling financially because at least then, you had your husband by your side at all times.

When he first announced that he was going away to Boston for a few weeks to deal with the business outside of the country, he had begged and pleased for you to join him. Due to responsibilities in Small Heath, such as charity dinners and helping Polly with the business in Small Heath, you simply couldn't - which you hated yourself for - and you had to watch him leave again, walking out of the front door after quickly kissing you goodbye, nothing but marks on the inside of your thigh and collarbones to remind you of the intimate night you spent together beforehand.

It had been three weeks since you had last seen him, and phone calls were not sufficient enough. You had your own needs and desires and Tommy was one of them. Lonely nights tucked away in your bedroom, away from the maids, cooks and other employees that Tommy had insisted on, did not satisfy you and you craved the touch of Tommy - the only man who could make you weak.

It was around five in the afternoon that you found yourself curled up on Tommy's chair behind his desk. The evening sun was heating your skin, along with one of Tommy's old coats that you had rummaged from the back of the closet. The afternoon had been spent writing out countless invitations for a dinner that you were planning to hold in order to raise some money for a local charity that you and Tommy had been working with. Your hand had soon started to ache, and you decided that a quick power-nap would revitalise your energy. However, you weren't expecting to wake up to multiple kisses being pressed along your jaw. Alarmed, you jumped up and hit whoever was in front of you in the crotch before pulling out the gun that Tommy kept in his desk drawer. It wasn't loaded with bullets as it was brand new and Tommy had not got a chance to use it, but it would hopefully scare whoever had snuck into the house.

"Oh, Tommy," you said, sniggering. You waved the gun in the air with a nervous giggle before throwing it on the desk, moving to grab Tommy's hand, helping him up as he tried to catch his breath. Tommy leaned on the desk and looked at you with a blank expression as he tried to keep the pain at a distance. Realisation suddenly hit you and within seconds, you were wrapping your arms around Tommy's neck and dragging him into your body. The touch of your skin instantly wiped away the pain that Tommy was feeling as he sighed into your shoulder, he was glad to be home. "What are you doing here?"

"Wanted to surprise you but instead I got a gun to my head and a lot of pain," he mumbled, forgiving you straight away. "I have missed you, love," he said louder, moving his head downwards to kiss your lips after a long three weeks away. "Missed this fucking mouth of yours."

"Tommy - " you chuckled, cutting yourself off when Tommy slid his hands down to your ass, squeezing harshly. "You haven't even been here for two minutes." You continued to laugh and allow Tommy to roam your body freely with his hands.