Choices

I must confess a lump had come to my throat, and I was having to swallow hard. When I reread the message, that was the signal for me to break down. Tears were already trickling down my cheeks.

How could he do this to me? I threw my phone in the nearest wall and cried. I swear I cried till there were no tears left to fall. She was right. I meant nothing to him, and deep down I knew that, but I refused to believe it.

We can't be friends anymore. I wish you the best.
                  -T.S

I stayed still and unmoving for hours, and right then I knew that I needed to be strong. I guess now I know where his loyalty lies. Standing up, I slowly walked over to the other side of the room and picked up my phone, which was buzzing nonstop for the entire time.

"Hello?"

"Oh, thank god! Welcome back from the dead."

"Thanks." I muttered while rubbing my eyes.

"Well?"

"Well what?" I snapped and I heard her gasp through the phone. "God, I'm sorry Wanda, I'm just pissed."

"I know...I'm actually very disappointed in him. How are you holding up?"

"I'm fine, Wanda. I expected it anyway. I'll call you back later alright?"

That was a lie. I never expected it.

"Okay, bye Valentina...."

****

"Shut up!" I laughed so hard as Seth teased me.

"Oh, come on baby." He whined.

"What do you want to do now?" He asked while intertwining our hands.
I shrugged.

"How about we meet up with Tony?" He asked me enthusiastically.

"Actually...me and Tony are no longer friends and no longer in contact." 

He hit the brakes hard and I almost hit my head. "What the hell Seth?"

"What do you mean no longer friends? Did he do something to you?" He asked panicking.

"Relax, Seth. His girlfriend just wanted him away from me." I spoke and I tried to appear like I didn't care, but my voice cracked betraying me.

"Come here, baby." He grabbed my head and gave me a kiss as I sobbed in his shirt. I lost my best friend and the worst part was...he didn't even care.

****

                   •TONY•

Pouring myself another drink, I stared down at the pedestrians through the window of my tower.
"Baby, come back to bed." Pepper purred in my ear and I turned to her with a smile on my face.

"I'm just thinking about a mission, I'll be up in a few." I lied and she nodded and went back upstairs.

Sighing, I dropped the bottle of Bourbon and closed my eyes.

"Stark." Romanoff spat as she walked past me.

Before she got to walk out, I spoke up.

"How is she?" I asked and I'm not entirely sure I wanted to know.

"She's great. It's her and Seth's anniversary today." I gulped down my drink as it burned my throat.

"Has she asked about me?" I asked and again I probably didn't want to know.

"You mean after you told her that she shouldn't contact you anymore? No, not that I know of." She smirked and I clenched my jaw.

"I'm glad this amusing to you." I told her and she just shrugged.