The Ex's Advice

"So I'm a grandpa?" Salvador smiled, while taking a seat on Enzo's couch.

I scoffed unintentionally, and glared at him.

"You're hardly even a father, let alone a grandfather."

"Watch your tone, Valentina." He scolded me, and I watched him in amusement.

"Okay..." Lorenzo exhaled loudly, and took a seat next to my father, and stared catching up as if nothing ever happened.

Unable to actually be near him, I grabbed my jacket and dialled Seth's number.

****

"Wow. You have a pretty eventful life, the last interesting thing that happened to me was me tripping on a banana last week." He shrugged, and I burst into laughter.

He smiled lazily.

"So..." I looked up and found him staring at me intensely.

"Do you think you'll move?"

His question caught me off guard, but I knew the answer to it, anyway.

"No."

"What changed your mind?" He raised an eyebrow.

"My mind was never set to begin with, but...it's more of a who changed my mind..." I shrugged a shoulder simply.

"Tony..." he smiled forcefully, and I nodded.

"And the team, but it's mostly Tony."

He sighed, and if I'm mistaken, I saw pain in his expression.

"Seth?"

"It's difficult for me...to watch you talk about him with that look in your eyes because...you used talk about about me that way too," He took a deep breath, "and I know...I know that I am the one to blame, but...seeing the look in your eyes right now kills me, because...you love him. It was him. It's always been him for you Vee. Even when the both of us thought we could work...I knew. I knew that you would end up with him. He deserves you. Because he was honest with you when he did you wrong. Because he told you he loved you when he knew that you were leaving him anyway, and I can't believe I'm saying this, but...I think you love him too. Even more than you loved me."

The pain on his face was evident, and I didn't know how to comfort him. I didn't know what to say.

"I'm sorry..." I whispered, but he just shook his head.

"I got what I deserved, Vee. But...he didn't. He didn't get the chance to love you." He shrugged, and right then I knew that Seth has let us go, and he was moving on.

"So give him one. Give him a chance to show you."

****

-Montenegro Law-

"Glad to have you back boss." Malcolm greeted, dropping my usual coffee on my desk.

"Okay...I need you to run down to the station, and bring me the footage." I ordered him, and he nodded professionally, before walking out.

The door opened again, and I groaned, thinking it was Malcolm.

"Sorry to disturb you...but there was no one by the desk, and I needed to see you."

The voice made my head snap upwards, and I wasn't exactly ecstatic to see the person.

"Get out before I call security." I mumbled, and stared at the file in my hands.

"Look...I'm not here to cause problems. I jus-"

"Of course you're not. You already caused them, and got what you wanted....what do you want from me?" I held my head in my hands, and sighed.

"Jesus Pepper what do you want?" I shouted, frustrated.