Threats

"Thank you, Miss Montenegro."

"It was my pleasure, Mister Smith." I nodded at my client.

"Miss Montenegro?" Malcom spoke up, after Mister Smith left.

"Yes, Malcolm?" I asked not meeting his eyes, as I was so focused on my next case.

"Mister Walker is here for you." He informed and I nodded in acceptance.

"Hey." I sighed as he walked in with a scowl on his face.

"We need to talk." Bluntly he whispered.

"Is everything okay?"

"No." Sighing, he flopped down on the comfy leather couch right in the corner of my office.

"I need to keep you safe."

"Seth, you're scaring me."

"We found your father, Valentina."

****

"Here." He handed me a gun as all the officers stared at me in wonder.

"I don't want it, Seth. I'm not hurting anyone." I whispered slightly shaking my head in disapproval.

"Goddammit! It's kill or be killed in this world, Valentina!" He shouted still holding a gun in his hand.

"I don't want to be a part of this, Seth."

"Too late. You're already in the centre of it." He harshly spoke and shoved the gun in my hand.

"I taught you to use it for a reason, Valentina. I love you and I can't lose you."

"Well isn't this romantic." A woman's heels tapped against the sparkly clean marble floor. Smirking, she raised an eyebrow at me.

"Aren't you going to greet me, Valentina?" She teased and I shot her a menacing glare.

"Rosalinda, please leave us." Seth ordered her and she obeyed with no argument.

"Shall we?" He asked as he motioned to the dummy. "Start punching." He smirked and I rolled my eyes and tied my hair quickly.

" He smirked and I rolled my eyes and tied my hair quickly

"When you're done, you'll be training with Casey." He whispered in my ear before walking away.

****

"I won't go easy on you." Casey joked as we both took our places.

"I didn't expect you to." Smirking, I punched her square in the jaw and she stumbled back from the surprise.

"You've done this before." It wasn't a question, it was more like a statement.

We started fighting and let me tell you, the few punches and kicks she gave me will sure as hell leave some bruises.

"To the right." Seth commanded me as he stood there observing my fighting skills.

"Down." He shouted and I lowered my head quickly before Casey's fists collided with my face.

"Charge!" He commanded once more and I gave her a hard punch before she crashed to the ground.

"Damn!" Casey howled while wiping blood off her face. "Girl's got skills." She addressed Seth, clearly impressed.

"Of course she does. She had a very good teacher." He shot me a wink and I blushed.

"You two are so cute, I'm almost jealous." Casey complimented.

"Office." Seth motioned me to follow him.

****

"Do you know where he is right now?" I asked and he shook his head frantically.

"He's after you, Valentina." He said and I nodded. I know he is.

"What about my mom?" I asked him, panic jolting through my body.

"Relax, your mom and your step-dad, both have police escorting them wherever they want to go." He said, calming me down.

"They'll be safe." He assured me and I trusted him.

"One more thing...uh...Shield will be joining us on this case." He stated and I smiled.

"The team?" I asked just to make sure.

"Yep." He shrugged.

"I gotta go, baby. Rest here for a while."

****

•Salvador•

"Have you found her?"

"Yes sir, but there are...obstacles we'll need to face." Gabe answered and I frowned.

"What obstacles?"

"She's protected by both, the Police and Shield." He added and I clenched my fists.

"Fury." I seethed and Gabe nodded in fear. That fucking bastardo. Of course he'll protect her, I'm the one who made him promise that he would.

"That'll be all, Gabe."

"Yes sir."

The Avengers.

****

•Valentina•

"So, I'll be staying here?" I asked the team and they nodded nonchalantly.

"I can't stay here, guys." I shook my head and started walking to the elevator.

"Hey, hey, hey. Where do you think you're going?" Tony spoke up for the first time.

I continued walking as if he didn't say anything.

"Friday, lock the elevator door." He ordered her and my jaw dropped.

"Very well, boss."

"Hey!" I shouted and he rolled her eyes.

"We're not playing around, Valentina. Your life is on the line, and whether you like it or not you need our protection." Clint intervened and I glared at him.

"Fine!"

"Good."

"Tony baby, have you seen my....oh." And just when I thought this couldn't get any worse.

"A word, please." She addressed Tony and gave me a nasty look before they disappeared from our view.

"This is gonna be one hell of a sleepover." I sarcastically muttered before walking to my so called bedroom.

****