Nothing Left to Lose

A month later...

"Well you look great." Seth smiled at me while I twirled around in my dress.

"Thanks that's sweet." Shooting him a quick smile, I stared at myself in the mirror before going back to my bathroom to change into my pyjamas.

"So? Have you thought about the trip?" He asked me, eager to know my decision.

Well, long story short me, and Seth are kind of close right now. I'm not getting back with him, that's for sure, but it's nice to have someone with you when no one else gives a shit.

And to be quite honest, he's a changed man. He stopped his excessive drinking, and he's been paying more attention to his family and friends rather than his work.

So basically a few weeks ago, he asked me to 'accompany him on an adventure to San Diego' as he put it. I actually haven't been there, but I have been told that it had amazing beaches.

Initially, my response was a big fat no since I didn't want to preform any type of action other than eating ice cream, and sleeping in, but now I actually find myself wanting to go with him.

Me and Seth never really travelled together, but it's not like I'm going with a complete stranger. Besides it's a few hours away anyway.

"Sure. You better have me back by Sunday though." Watching him jump in excitement was the highlight of my day.

I actually really missed Seth. Not my boyfriend Seth, but my best friend.

You see...Me and Seth weren't always together. We were best friends for almost our entire lives, but then things started to change between us...we developed feelings for each other I guess. And apparently that didn't work out so well anyway.

Part of me thinks that he still isn't over me, but I'm actually completely over him.

"You should smile more often." Biting his lip, he set my suitcase down on the bed, and I nodded.

I haven't exactly been on my best mood for the past few weeks, and the reason isn't even a mystery.

"Hey, Seth?" With pain plastered on my face, I watched as he looked up to me slightly.

"I don't want to lose you again." I don't know where that came from, but I truly didn't. "I still need you." I nodded, and he gave me a toothy grin, before looking down to hide his blush.

"I'm not going anywhere, Ali

"I'm not going anywhere, Ali." Standing to his feet and embracing me, he rested his head on my shoulder, and sighed in comfort.

"You're not alone. I know that you miss him, and I know the reason that you don't want to get back with him is because you don't want to settle for less when you feel that there is more for you out there." Pulling back slightly, his hands were on my sides, and I still found it pretty surprising at how he could read me even when I gave no sign.