California

Staring at the the wall seemed like the most fascinating thing to do right now.

I honestly have no idea how long I have been out. I rubbed the bruise above my eye and sighed.

Did Steve make it? Was everyone freaking out?

"I can sense your distress. Something on your mind?" The woman, the one that beat me up apparently spoke to me.

Keeping my gaze on the wall, I gulped and prayed that Steve was okay.

"Don't worry, your friend is fine."

My head shot upwards and she stood there with a smug grin plastered on her face.

"I must say...you really do look like your father." She smirked and I had this urge to vomit.

"We cleaned up your wounds." She pointed at my bandaged bruises and I still remained silent.

"Well, I guess I'm not getting a word out of you..." she paused and a devilish grin appeared on her face. "But I bet you someone else can."

"Leave us."

My breath hitched as I heard that all too familiar voice.

The woman left and he walked out of the shadows with a face devoid of emotion, unlike me, I was an emotional wreck and I'm pretty sure it was clear on my face.

"You've grown." He stated and my lips parted.

Was that all he has to say to me?

Blinking back my tears, I chose to ignore him and stare at the wall.

"Use your words." He demanded, his tone deadly.

"What do you want from me?" I finally whispered.

"Your protection."

I couldn't help but scoff.

"My protection? Are you fucking serious? You're the very reason I'm in danger!" I screamed and before I could even blink, I felt a sharp pain on my cheek.

"Let that be the last time you speak to me with that tone." He hissed and if I was trying to hold back my tears back then, I couldn't do it now.

If I'm not mistaken, I heard him take a sharp intake of breath before he sprinted out of the room

"Valentina..." The woman whispered and I looked up to her with tears blurring my vision.

"I want to go home. Please let me go home." I begged and for the first time, I saw emotion in her expression before it flickered away.

"You can't go home, Valentina. You need to be protected."