Uncertainty

•Tony•

You could have....saved...us.

Big man in a suit of armour take that off what are you?

You need to learn to be good enough.

Picking up a bottle of Whiskey, I forced myself to close my eyes and forget.

Forget all the words and the memories that haunt my mind all the time.

"You alright there, Stark?" Cap asked, sliding into the stool next to me.

"Never better, Cap." I lied, and thankfully he seemed to believe me, so he gave me a pat on the shoulder before disappearing somewhere in the tower.

Gulping down my drink, I hissed, as it made its way down my throat burning me in the process.

Setting my phone back on the bar, I ran my hand all over my face, having these doubts entering my mind

mind.

I have to live with the constant fear of her leaving me. And I don't know if that's a good thing, but I don't want that. I don't want to keep breathing in to every word she says.

Blocking my disturbing thoughts away, I kept my gaze fixed on the elevator, waiting for her to walk in here with that ridiculously beautiful face of hers, and that enchanting smile that lights up my world. Waiting for her to walk in here and remind me that I won't be alone, that I won't ever be without her, that she won't leave.

And as if she read my mind, she strolled in ever so elegantly, tossing the strawberry pop tarts to Thor, who accepted them eagerly. She was smiling and greeting everyone in such a sweet manner that had you wondering whether if people like her exist.

Turning to my direction, she furrowed her eyebrows once she locked eyes with me, probably confused as to why I wasn't working my heart out downstairs in the lab.

Trailing her eyes from me to my drink, she visibly sighed and started taking steps towards me.

"Hey, Tin can." She teased and I forced a smile, and she frowned.

Dropping her bag on the counter, she took the drink from my hand and set it down slowly, cupping my face afterwards.

"What is it, baby?" She whispered, without breaking contact, and I just shook my head in response. I couldn't tell her. How pathetic would that make me.

"Tony, clearly something is bothering you, and I won't just sit here, and watch you drink your life away because you refuse to talk about it!"

•Natasha•

We watched Valentina scold Tony, and him barely paying attention, but looking miserable if I'm being honest.

"He needs that." Out of the blue Steve spoke up, making all of us turn our attention from them to him.