Sleeping Troubles

"Promise me you'll stay here." Tony told me quickly after we landed far away from the expo.

"What the hell is wrong with you Tony?" I asked him, confused. I really wanted to go to the Stark Expo.

"Promise me!" He shouted and his eyes were pleading for me to do so.

"I promise."

He nodded quickly, pecking me on the lips and flying back with his suit to the expo.

Okay...long story short, I tried surprising Tony by showing up to his Expo although I told him that I would be in court, and the minute he spotted me, he flew me out of there, and forced me to stay in the compound alone since Natasha was already at the Expo and the rest of the team were somewhere else.

Just as I was about to grab some pancakes from the kitchen, ridiculously loud explosions echoed through the city, frightening the hell out of me.

Charging to the window, my lips parted once I saw Tony flying away with a bunch of drones on his ass.

Well shit.

****

•Tony•

"This drones are rigged to blow, we got to get out of here man." Rhodey informed me, and my eyes widened in horror.

Pepper.

Travelling to her direction in a inevitable speed, I picked her up in my arms before I heard the sounds of explosions behind me.

"Are you crazy?" She breathed out once we landed next to Rhodey on the roof.

Sighing in relief that she was okay, I decided to get back to the compound in order to check on Val, who was probably freaking the fuck out right now.

"I got to go...take her home." I ordered Rhodey, who nodded with a smile.

"What do you mean take her home? I'm scared Tony, and I don't want to be alone."

Deciding that I would take her with me to the compound, I wrapped an arm around her waist, ready to fly out.

"You kicked ass back there by the way." I pointed at Rhodey with a smirk, and he just humbly nodded his head.

"Thank you, you too."

"I'll see you later bud."

****

The minute I stepped through the door of the living room, I was attacked with a hug from Valentina.

"I'm okay, I'm okay." I tried to assure her, but despite that she cupped my face and looked for bruises.

She smiled, clearly happy to see me, but her smile dropped once her eyes landed on something behind me.

Frowning, I turned around slowly to see Pepper throwing Valentina a fake smile.