Stay

"You're an asshole." Grumbling, I got up from my couch and stretched, realising how much I missed my apartment.

"Thor, it's not pop tarts, it's ice cream!" I tried to reason with him, but he wouldn't budge.

"Top drawer on the left." I finally gave away my sacred hiding place for the pop tarts, and it didn't take him a second before he started walked to the kitchen.

Forcing a smile, I grabbed the bowl of ice cream and set it down on the table.

It's been a few weeks now.

It's been a few weeks since I left him.

I heard he wasn't doing too well, and to be quite frank neither was I, not that I would ever admit it.

"Hey, are you okay?" Sam grabbed my shoulder, and again I forced a smile trying to convince him, to myself, that I'm fine. That I will be fine. That I won't let it affect me the way it is right now.

"Always."

I don't think he believed me, but I'm glad that he dropped the subject.

Truth is, I couldn't be any sadder.

I couldn't be more disappointed that it ended that way.

I haven't been going out lately, the last time I stepped foot out of this house was when Seth invited me to this stupid charity event, and I got to see him there.

It wasn't easy for me to know that he was staring at me the entire time.

"Hey, we got called in, so we gotta go...uh...if you need anything. I'll be here." Sam gave me a hug and I smiled in response, hugging back.

****

                 •Tony•

"Why did Valentina text me saying good luck on your mission?" Natasha glared at Sam and Thor, who walked in the room.

The mere mention of her name had me focusing on their conversation.

"Yeah...I kind of lied to her?" Sam stuttered and Nat just frowned, and still I sat far away from them downing my drink.

"Why would you do that?"

"Because...she looked so sad, and I just couldn't be around her when she was like that." Shrugging, he smiled sadly at Romanoff, who just nodded while looking away.

Gulping, I bit my lip hard, and I had this sudden urge to go see her.

I don't know if that makes me selfish, but I was relieved to know that she was as torn about it as I was.

Strolling down to the lab, I decided to build a new suit to take my mind off her even though it was absolutely impossible for the past few weeks.

****

                 •Rhodey•

"Absolutely not, Rhodes!" She argued while tossing me a beer.