Dinner with the Montenegros

<The Diner>

"No way! She actually did that?!" I laughed so hard.

"Believe it or not."

"How've you been doing?" Tony asked, folding his arms over the table

At the moment, we we're munching some fries, sitting in our usual spot in the diner, talking about absolute none sense.

"I've been alright." I shrugged nonchalantly, trying to hide the fact that it was hell for me these past few weeks.

"What's on the agenda today?"

"Well, my mom invited me to dinner tonight." I groaned, pulling my hair in frustration.

"Then, why do you look like you want to jump under a bus?"

"Because! She invited the whole family, since Lorenzo's back and all." I added and apparently he was still confused.

"And?"

"You're missing the point, Tony! They all freaking hate me." I groaned in distaste as I thought about Uncle Bill traumatising me, or Aunt Lisa continuously asking me when I was getting married.

"No. Nope, I ain't doing this! I'm not going." I finally decided, as I picked up my buzzing phone.

"Hello?"

"Hey, Vee."

"Hey, Enzo. Is everything okay?"

"I forgot to pick up the cake for mom, could you be a dear and pick it up on your way? You are coming right?"

"Uh...of course I am." I paused for a moment to stare at Tony's amused expression. "I'll pick it up."

The minute I hung up, Tony spoke up.

"You just can't say no, can you?" He teased me, and I kept thinking of ways to get out of this dinner.

"Well...if it makes you feel any better, I can come with you."

Narrowing my eyes at him, I groaned.

"Tony be serious please!"

"I am serious. Think about it. Your family will surely be impressed that you're bringing Tony Stark."

"You are so full of yourself." I pointed out.

"You're turning me down?" He feigned hurt by placing a hand over his glowing arc-reactor.

"Stop being so dramatic, if anything you would make that dinner much worse than it already is." I glared in his raised his eyebrows, as if he's surprised.

"I beg to differ. I am awesome."

"Ton-"

"I'll pick you up at seven." He said before dropping 500 dollars on the table and rushing out.