One Year Later

ONE YEAR LATER

"Honey, can you grab my bag?" I asked Tony, as I changed Eddie's diaper.

"Sure, baby."

Tossing the dirty diaper in the bin, I started tickling Eddie, gaining a warm feeling inside me once I heard his laugh.

"He's laughing again." I chuckled, and Tony sprinted towards the bathroom to listen.

"Look at you." He smiled at him, and I smiled once I saw how he started at him.

"Come here baby boy." Picking him up, Tony tossed him in the air, laughing as he heard his son's laugh.

He had his eyes.

He had those same gorgeous brown eyes.

My mind wandered back to when I first saw them, and a smile grew on my face.

-Flashback-

"You did this to me!" I growled at Tony while gripping his hand, roughly.

"I didn't hear you complaining that night." He mumbled under his breath, making me push harder and glare at him.

"What did you say?!" I screamed and his eyes widened.

"Ice chips?" He gave me a hopeful look while holding them up.

"You eat the fucking ice chips!" I screamed at him, trying to push.

"Come on baby, push!"

"Just a little more Miss Montenegro." The doctor said, and Tony went over there to take a look at our boy.

I heard baby cries, and I sighed in exhaustion.

I kept my eyes open for just two more minutes, and it was worth seeing the look on Tony's face when he first held him.

He took a sharp intake of breath as Doctor Gary handed him Eddie slowly.

"Little Stark." The doctor commented before slipping out of the room, congratulating Tony, who was stuck in another world, on his way out.

"Edward." Tony tested out his name, while brushing his fingers against his tiny cheek.

He made his way towards me, and I carried my son for the first time.

Tony's lips were on my sweaty forehead as I smiled at my new born baby.

He wrapped his tiny hands around Tony's finger and I laughed.

"Look at you choosing sides already." I whispered at him, and Tony chuckled.

"I love you Tony."

"I love you, Val. The both of you."

-End of Flashback-

"You look gorgeous darling." He complemented me, while throwing on his signature sunglasses.

"Where are we headed?"

"The diner, Nat and Cap are meeting us there."

"Alright, can you grab Eddie's bottle for me?"

"Of course, hon."

****

We were busy chatting with each other, and laughing at how cute Tony is with Eddie.

A woman approached me, and I frowned, Tony seemed to know her though because he stood up and shook her hand.

"Congratulations Mister Stark." She nodded at him, and he smiled.

"Thank you."

"Miss Montenegro? I was hoping you'd be interested in what I have to say."

****

Modelling?

I never really considered being a model before, so imagine my surprise when this woman here offers me a job.

"I don't know...what am I supposed to do exactly?"

"You would just pose and take pictures in a wedding dress for the magazine." She nodded at me, stealing a glance at Tony, who was playing with his pen.

"I'm not-"

"She'll do it." Tony chirped, making me drop my jaw.

"Delightful. Pleasure doing business with the both of you."

She strolled elegantly outside, and I glared at Tony.

"What?" He shrugged.

"Seriously? I didn't want to do that!"

"Why not? Its fun. Trust me." He assured me and I frowned.

"I don't recall you being a model before."

"No, but my life is pretty much a photoshoot anyway." He winked, and I rolled my eyes at his arrogance.

"Where is Eddie anyway?"

"Nat and Steve took him to the park, which is where we are headed next."

"Alright fine." I nodded, still thinking about that stupid deal.

"Come on Val, don't worry about it. It'll be over in no time anyway." He rolled his eyes at my nervous behaviour, and I nodded trying to agree with him.

It'll be over in no time.

****

"I'm going to get to bed, do you need anything?" I whispered to Tony, who was typing away on his computer.

"No I'm all good, babe."

Nodding, I turned around, making sure to give him a quick peck on the lips before I headed upstairs.

"Hey Valentina?"

"Hmm?"

"I love you. Don't ever forget that."