"For you.."

Tapping my fingers against the steering wheel, I got tired of waiting, and opened the door, and got out.

It was a Saturday, and Tony promised to meet me here by 6, but everyone knows how punctual Tony is.

Brushing past a few people, I was immediately welcomed by the mouth-watering smell of the french fries.

The diner was pretty much full, and I couldn't spot a place for us to sit.

Groaning at my luck, I leaned on the wall and rubbed my forehead.

"Miss Montenegro?!"

I opened one eye to stare at an old lady, who was apparently working as a waitress here.

"Uh...hi. That's me I guess?" I frowned not sure how she knew my name.

"I'm so sorry. I failed to spot you earlier." She panicked, and I frowned.

"I don't understand?"

"Oh dear...Mr. Stark informed us that you will be visiting today, and it seemed to have slipped my mind, but your table is ready for you." She smiled sweetly, but I was still dumbfounded.

"I'm sorry....what?"

I was really lost. How did she even know Tony?

"The owner? Mister Stark? Are you sure that you're Miss Montenegro? I mean yes, you look much more beautiful in real life, but-"

"The owner?" I interrupted, and she narrowed her eyebrows at me in confusion.

"Yes. Now please, come along dear." She grabbed my hand, and removed the 'Reserved' sign from our usual table, and smiled softly before leaving me alone.

****
                 •Tony•

Nat wouldn't stop bickering with Clint the whole way, and it was honestly the worst car ride I had with them.

The minute we stepped foot in the diner, we spotted Valentina talking to Misses Saunders, a kind woman, who was apparently working here for 2 years already.

After overhearing a part of their conversation, Nat raised an eyebrow, and I inhaled deeply.

"Owner?"

"Yep. I bought the place over a month ago." I shrugged, and she bit her lip, thinking.

"Why did you buy it anyway? You certainly don't gain any money from it... at least not much." Looking around the place, Clint asked.

"It was the only thing I had left of her." I mumbled, remembering the day I sat on that table alone, trying to remind myself of what I used to have.

****

               •Valentina•

"Sorry I'm late...got held up." He shrugged while taking a glance at Nat and Clint, who rolled their eyes, and I nodded at him with narrowed eyes and furrowed eyebrows.

"Owner?" I raised an eyebrow, and he smirked.

"Yep."

"Why did you buy the diner Tone?"

Pursing his lips slightly, he took a seat next to me, tossing his sunglasses on the table.

"They have very nice cheeseburgers." He winked, and I chuckled.

"Oh, and I got you a little piece offering." He motioned to Nat and Clint, who were top busy staring at the menu to listen to our conversation.

"Well, thank you kind sir." I joked.