Lies and Regrets

"Are you feeling okay?" Anna asked her voice cracking slightly. I forced a smile and she tried to keep her face straight.

 I forced a smile and she tried to keep her face straight

"I just wish I got the chance to tell him I loved him." I shrugged.

"I'm pretty sure he knows that." She nodded at me, while I picked up my bags ready to leave to New York with the Avengers.

"It was a real pleasure meeting you Anna. I wish you the best." She smiled at me for the first time. A genuine smile. As I was about to walk out, she called out to me.

"Yeah?"

"Come here." She whispered while opening her arms.

"Is it weird to say I'll miss you?" I asked her and she replied with a yes and we both chuckled

"Be strong for me okay?" She spoke and I nodded.

****

•Anna•

"You'll regret it." I said long after she left.

"I know, but it's safer for her this way."

I turned around to face him and nodded.

"Whatever you say, Salvador. Whatever you say."

"Hey Anastasia?"

I hummed in response and his next words had me frozen.

"I love you."

****

•Valentina•

"Do you need anything miss?" The flight attendant asked me as I looked around for water.

"Uh...yeah. Water please."

"Valentina." I heard Tony call and I turned to look at him. His face was devoid of emotion, but his eyes were sad.

"I'm sorry for your loss."

I nodded in response and looked out the window, glancing at the clouds.