Mentally Abused

•Tony•

"Yep. Natasha toss 'em out." I smirked while watching her throw a bunch of old gifts.

"What's this?" She quirked an eyebrow in amusement, "did you break your toy car?"

Waving the damaged remote controlled car in my face, my breath hitched and the memories hit me like a brick wall.

-Flashback-

The weekend had just begun, and I was semi-excited to spend the day with my father since he was not around most of the time.

Waiting for him to finish doing his work, I jogged to the living room, and picked up my toy car, that my mom bought for me on my birthday.

Grinning from ear to ear, I slowly set it down on the wooden floor, picking up the remote control, ready to start racing around.

But before I even got the chance to move the car, it was snatched away from the floor, and I gulped in fear before looking up.

"This is yours I take it?!" He screamed, gripping the edges of the toy car, hard enough till his knuckles turned white.

When I stayed silent, he snarled once more.

"Is this how you spend your weekend at home?!"

Not knowing what to say, I started stuttering, pissing him off even more.

"D-Dad, I...."

"Waste of time!" Ramming the toy car into the wall, he screamed at me, while I flinched, watching my birthday present get crumbled down on the floor in pieces.

"I don't need to deal with this none sense!" He paused for a bit, but when he found me not uttering a word, he glared at me, and shouted once more.

"Do you understand me?!"

Blinking back my tears, I gulped down the fear and the sadness, and tried to calm my breathing down.

When the tears threatened to spill once more, I knew I couldn't stop them, so I ran...I ran outside, and far away from him as possible.

Rushing to the nearest balcony, I climbed on the chair and sobbed uncontrollably.

"I want to go back to school..." I mumbled, head in my hands.

"I want to go back to school..." I repeated, and as I said it, Edwin walked in, with a sad frown on his face.

"Tony...Do not take his outburst to heart." He tried to console me, but it was a lost cause, and I knew that.

"Leave me alone, Jarvis." I mumbled, still refusing to look up.

"Fathers and sons. That particular relationship...often so difficult to manoeuvre for both sides. But time heals all wounds."

I looked up at him, and cried. Tears were streaming down my face, and he just gave me a sad comforting smile, before nodding at me, and walking away.

Edwin Jarvis was many things. He was a good man. A wise man. But he lied.

He lied about one thing. Time doesn't heal all wounds. Nothing heals the wounds.

They're left there for us, reminding us of what we've been through, what we've lost...Tormenting us...giving us glimpses of our traumatising past, that can never fade away.

-End of Flashback-

I tried not show any emotion while I said it, but I'm not so sure if that actually worked.