Edward

5 months later

"Not even a foot massage?" He raised an eyebrow, suggesting.

"No!" I groaned, while taking a sip of my fresh cup of orange juice, that Tony desperately went out of his way to make.

He's been forbidding me to do anything myself ever since he learned I was pregnant, I don't know if it's cute or frustrating.

"I'm surprised it's not poisoned." I teased him, and he rolled his eyes, and went back to what he was reading.

Finally having enough of his weird attitude, I snatched the book from his hands, and said "What the hell are you reading? You don't read."

Biting my lip, a small smile struck my face, and I looked up to see him rubbing his neck awkwardly

"Well, you're not a complete dummy Tony." I teased, and he snatched it back from me quickly.

"Ugh. Just let me finish this."

I raised an eyebrow once I caught site of 7 more pregnancy books scattered all over our living room.

"Hey you guys!" The whole team walked in, with cute smiles on their faces as I rubbed my belly.

Nat raised an eyebrow while she shook one of the books right in front of Tony, who was too engrossed with another one.

"Since when does Tony Stark read?" Tilting his head to the side, Clint bit his lip, confused.

"Since I learned that I was going to be a father."

I couldn't help but let my mind wander back to when the team found out that I was pregnant.

-Flashback-

"I want the chocolate ice cream!" I growled at Tony, who was panicking, and desperately trying to calm me.

"Hon, you finished it last night. Happy is on his way to get more." Holding his hands up in surrender, we both failed to notice the whole team, who were either studying us with amused glances or confusion.

"I want some pickles, and a tuna sandwich, and maybe even a cheeseburger." He cringed at my weird combination of food, and sighed.

"Hormones." He mumbled under his breath, redialing Happy.

"What about them?" I tapped my foot angrily on the hard marble floor, and he just rolled his eyes.

"They make pregnant women craz- I mean, look at how beautiful you look, Val." He tried to recover, and just as I was about to answer, Natasha and Wanda both screamed,

"WHAT?"

-End of Flashback-

"I honestly would've never pictured Stark, having kids." Clint chuckled, exiting the room.

Tony's shoulders fell, and I knew that the words affected him.

He laughed with Nat for a bit as she teased him, but I saw the glint of sadness in his brown orbs.

Once we were left alone again, I wrapped my arms around him from behind, and whispered,

"You're going to be a great father, Tone."

"You don't think I'll be like my dad?" I could tell he was embarrassed to ask me that, but I didn't mind answering him honestly.

"Absolutely not, baby. Far from that. You'll be an amazing father."

"I cannot wait for you to pop out of there little guy."

"Little guy?" I raised an eyebrow at his assumption.

"I just have this feeling." He shook his head, and I nodded.

"What about the names?" I smiled, having already came up with a name.

"Uhh...I don't know if it's a girl, we would call her Valentina." He shrugged and I giggled.

"I'm serious!" I laughed, and he nodded.

"Me too."

"Alright fine...If it's a boy we'll call him Edward." I bit my lip, and watched him frown.

"It is your middle name isn't it?" I rubbed my belly, imagining a mini Tony running around the tower, and bragging to his friends about how cool his dad is.

"We'll have a little Eddie running around." He smiled, while leaning down to touch my stomach.

"Please have your mom's hair colour," He kissed my belly, and I tossed my head backwards in laughter, "but you can keep my eyes, kid." He spoke up so genuinely, and I was getting teary eyed.

Those goddamn hormones.

"Are you ready to find out if it's a he or a she?" He raised an eyebrow, and I nodded, curling my hand in his.

****

"Welcome back Miss Montenegro, hello again Mister Stark." The doctor smiled warmly at us, and I nodded in response.

"I understand that you want to know the gender of the baby." She raised an eyebrow, and we both nodded in unison.

"Okay...there is the leg...oh that's not a leg, it's definitely a boy by the looks of it."

I grinned from ear to ear as Tony held my hand, watching the screen.

"Takes after his dad." He nodded proudly, and I just punched his arm.

We were having a boy.

We were having an Edward.