Vernal x Male Branwen Reader

-Your Pov-

You sit, and listen as Qrow argues with Raven. Your two older siblings fighting isn't uncommon, but every time it annoys you. Ever since the three of you had gone to Beacon, they would fight constantly. To Raven, Qrow was leaving behind the bandit tribe, and thus turning his back on their family. And to Qrow, the three of you had all made a new family with Team STRQ, and your team,  Team BLLD ( Build.) Recently, Raven had left Tai and her daughter to go back to the tribe, which was another rift in the already shattered Branwen family. The argument started to escalate to yelling, and you rubbed your head.

You lost track of time, but eventually they realized they weren't going to be able to convince each other of their cause, and so turned to you. Like always, you were got in the middle of the twins fighting. You looked up at them, and saw the anger and resolve present in their red eyes. Pinching the bridge of your nose, you listened as they started to talk to you about what they wanted.

" The tribe took us in when no one else would," Raven told you, careful not to shout at you, seeing you as just being caught in the middle of the argument. However, there was a force in her voice. " We owe it to them to go back and defend them." This made Qrow scoff, and turn to you.

" The 'tribe," he said, making air-quotes is a bunch of thieves and murderers. " Because we went to Beacon, we can be better than that. We all made friends, fell in love. (y/n), you have to agree with me. We don't have to always be what we were in the tribe."

" The tribe is our family," shouts your sister. " We went to Beacon to learn how to fight huntsman, and so we could defend the tribe. (y/n), you can't lose sight of that now. The tribe would go further for you than anyone in your team."

" Bullshit," scoffs Qrow. " Your team has always had your back, and been there for you. Damien has saved your life more times than I can remember. Lance has always been helping you with your work, and made it possible for you to graduate. And then Laura? Your girlfriend of the past few years. Don't tell me you can just walk away from her." ( Your team name is BLLD because you used Branwen as your first name for personal preference.)

You hesitated when you thought of Laura. Qrow was right, you had been dating her ever since your first year at Beacon. He sees your hesitation, and then presses up on it. " Yeah. I doubt you could ever leave behind Laura. She means so much to you, and I know you love her. And she loves you so much also."

Before you can say anything, Raven slams her hand on the table. " You never would have been able to meet Laura if it hadn't been for the tribe. They have given you everything Qrow says Beacon had given to you. (y/n), you have to come back to the tribe, to our family. I know it means a lot to you, seeing as how you used Branwen as your name in Beacon."

" No, (y/n). Beacon gave those things to us," says Qrow. " If you can honestly tell me that you can just walk away from Team BLLD, and your memories with Laura, then I don't know you as well as I thought I did (y/n). Imagine the look on her face if you were to walk out of her life. The sadness, and anger. The pain."

You wince when you imagine that, and you have to admit that the idea is devastating to you. However, Raven turns to you. " If she does love you, then she'll understand why you have to do this," she says. This makes Qrow try and protest, but Raven holds up a hand, and he rolls his eyes. " (y/n), you have to know I'm right."

" If you're so certain, then let him talk to her," argues Qrow. " Let him tell her he has to leave her for a bunch of murderers and bandits. Let him tell her that that's more important to him than she is."

Raven shrugs, and you pull out your scroll. Nervously, you call Laura. The tension in the room can be felt, but you do your best to keep taking in deep breaths, and calmly talk to her. " Hey," she says when you call her. " Where are you? And are you going to be home in time for dinner?"