Velvet x Reader

-Velvet Pov-

I sit around in my dorm, smiling as I turn the pages in the book I've been reading for my language class, and find myself happy as I do. It's well written, and about the faunas, and how the discrimination started. Even though the subject matter of the book is sad, it gives me hope that one day we can end the discrimination and realize it isn't what's on the outside that matters, but the heart and other qualities. As I continue to read, I smile when I see Coco come back into the room with several bags of clothes, which Fox carries, looking irritated. The two of them both go to do something, and I keep reading.

A few moments pass, and then Coco sits up like she's realizing something just now. " Hey, have either of you seen Yatsu? It isn't like him to be gone this late," she points out, and then all of us stop to think about it. We don't remember him saying he was going to be anywhere. None of us are worried, since he can take care of himself, but we can't help but be curious as to where he could have gone. Eventually, we realize he has his scroll if he needs anything, and then go back to what we had been doing.

The door opens, and then the sound of thudding can he heard as Yatsu bumps into the door. He chuckles a little bit at this, and then ducks under. We smile when we see him, and he gives a polite wave. Looking at him, we see him talking with someone on his scroll, and then we shrug, and do our best to not listen into his conversation. " All right. I'll see you tomorrow," he says. " I love you." He then puts away his scroll, and then all of us look at him intrigued, wondering who he was talking to.

" My brother," he explains when he sees all of our looks. Coco sighs defeated, she had been trying to make sure all of us had dates for the dance she was planning, and then Fox nods and goes back to eating. I try to recall if Yatsu ever mentioned having a brother, but it escapes me at the moment, and then I see him texting on his scroll. He looks up at us after a few moments, and then sighs. " I hate to ask, but he doesn't have a place to stay, so I invited him to stay with us. Is that okay?"

All of tell him it's going to be okay, and then he thanks us. When the night comes, Coco calls lights out, and then we all manage to get to sleep quickly. In the morning, I notice that the rest of my team is still sleeping. Next to Yatsu, his scroll keeps buzzing, and I go over to answer for him, getting dressed in my usual outfit. I pick up his scroll, and then see they're from someone named (y/n), who I realize is his younger brother.

Reading the texts, I see that he's lost in the cafeteria. I try to shake Yatsu awake, but to no affect, and then I sigh. Once I finish getting dressed, I start to walk downstairs, going to the cafeteria. I'm hungry anyways, and I feel bad for (y/n), remembering how lost I got when I first came to Beacon, and wanting to give him a helping hand. Once I make it to the cafeteria, I wave to my friends in RWBY and JNPR, and then look around for someone who looks like they could be related to Yatsu.

Eventually, I find someone in the cafeteria who's taller than everyone else, and then I just assume he has to be related to Yatsu, since the two of them are about the same height. I walk over to him, a little nervously but smile and wave, which he returns. " I'm Velvet Scarlentina," I introduce myself, and he nods. " You must be (y/n) right? Yatsu told us you were going to be coming." He confirms what I said, and then the two of us go to stand in line for food, getting separated.

As I hold my tray and try to find him, I hear a sneer, and then curse my luck when I realize who it's from. A hand rests on my shoulder, and I swallow a gulp and look back to see Cardin and his team, all sneering at me. " I don't want any trouble," I tell them nervously, and try to walk off, before they surround me. I try to control my breathing, and then Dove says something which I'm to scared to hear. This makes him angrier, and then he knocks the tray out of my hands.