Unrequited Love Pyhrra x Reader

-Your Pov-

You smiled as you sat on the couch with Juane playing video games. The two of you are going to be going to Beacon in a few weeks, and so moments like this when you can just sit back and relax are all too rare. With all the training you've been doing, you'd been slowly drifting apart, and so you took this time to reconnect with him. It was nice to just play video games with him, and be a kid for a little bit longer, which you knew would soon go away when you went to Beacon, and entered the world of huntsman and huntresses. Your entire family was from a long line of them, and so you had known all too well the dangers of it. For every award presentation you went to with a family member, you went to a funeral along with them.

Pushing those dark thoughts aside for a moment, you returned to focusing on the game. As per usual, you were winning, Jaune getting more and more determined, and then just started to button mash, allowing yourself to win easily. He let out a defeated sigh, and then put down the video game controller. " I always lose," he says helplessly. " I don't get why you're so good at this game."

" Better luck next time," you tell him playfully, and the two of you laugh and chuckle. You look down at the clock, and then see it's almost midnight, and so you turn to him. " Wanna do one more game?" He nods, and then says to you determined that he's going to win this one, and so you accept his challenge, and give your full attention to the screen.

" And now, the record is 3,405-0," you tell him after a few minutes, and another flawless victory for you. He hangs his head in defeat, and then you pat him on the shoulder. " You'll beat me at something one day bro," you assure him, before heading into your room to sleep for the night.

Honestly, you had forgotten when it was you started competing with Jaune, or even how it had started. You were pretty sure it had been him who wanted to compete, and so you had just gone with it, seeing nothing to lose. You hadn't expected to have a perfect win-loss record like you did, but you never turned away a friendly challenge like with your brother. But, no matter what it was, Jaune just never seemed to be able to win. Whether it was grades, combat, or even something like video games, you beat him each and every time.

It wasn't a source of pride to you that you beat your brother at everything. In fact, sometimes it made you feel like the biggest jerk in the world when he would take happily about how ready he was to win, only to quickly lose whatever that competition had been. However, Jaune bounced back each and every time and was always ready to try again tomorrow. You always admired your brother's tenacity, and honest hardworking spirit. Whenever you tried to take it easy on him for the sake of letting him win, he always knew and insisted you tried your best, otherwise it would mean his win didn't count. And so, he pressed on, despite having lost all of your competitions. And yes, there had in deed been 3,405 of them. Jaune turned everything he could into a competition, even things like eating breakfast. No matter how it came, he wanted a win, and no matter what it was, it was always denied to him.

Keeping your winning streak wasn't something you worked hard to do. It just came naturally. If you lost to Jaune, you would be fine with it, and even be proud of him if he beat you at something like combat. And when he did win, you knew how happy it would make him, and you would make sure he was able to be happy. The only thing you did was give it your best effort like he wanted you to. Winning and losing never really mattered to you, but you knew how mad he would get if you gave him a win he didn't deserve.

-Timeskip your pov-

You stood with Jaune on the bullhead, your stomach in turmoil.  However, he was doubled over in pain. " This has actually been the dumbest competition you have ever come up with," you tell him. " Why the hell would you want to see who has a better time on an airship without motion sickness pills?"