Kali x Faunas Reader

-Your Pov-

You lay in a crater, with a cigarette dangling from your mouth. The air was ripe with the smell of gunpowder, blood and fire. Your monkey tail dangled from your waist, as you used it to hold a lighter for when this cigarette burned out. Around you was the rest of your team, all of them celebrating the victory in their own small way, either through drinking, smoking or just straight up whooping with joy. It agitated you a little bit, but you understood why they were so happy. Missions like these were always supposed to have high casualties, and yet your squad managed to make it through with no casualties each and every time. This mission stood out even more, since it was supposed to have taken weeks, and yet you had all managed to finish it in a matter of days.

" So, (y/n)," says one of them. " I bet you're excited to get back to the White Fang. I heard you and Kali were gonna have a kid. Aren't you happy to go back to them?" You rolled your eyes when he said this. Clearly, she had told everyone she knew about that, even though you had hoped it would stay silent for a little bit.

" Nah, I'm not really that excited to go back to her," you lied. " She's gonna be doting all over me, making sure I'm okay over and over again, even when I've told her I'm going to be fine. And then she's gonna lecture me about smoking, and all kinds of other shit. It's gonna be such a drag." Even though you said all of this, a small smile was on the verge of breaking out on your face. The truth was you were so happy to go back and see her.

" Man," says one of your team. " I don't get why you complain about that. If she were my wife, she could dote on me any time she wanted." When he says this, you sit up and glare at him, and then he begins to back away from you.

" She's my wife," you say, knowing the teasing that will come later from your team, but for right now, a bit too angry with them to care about any of it. You can't stand the flirtatious actions people take towards her. In your time since joining the White Fang, you had to deal with men eyeing her, flirting with her, and the worst of them even attempting to force her. Each and every one of them ended up in the hospital of course. Deny it as you might try to, Kali was your wife, someone you loved and cared about. And hell if anyone was going to hit on her in front of you.

" Knew it," says another member of your team, the only female. " I knew he loved her, deny it as he might. Come on guys. We gotta get back to the White Fang. You know (y/n) gets cranky when he's away from his wife for too long."

All of them smirk when they say this, and then you stand up. Before any of you can get far, a bloodied human stands up from the rubble. He looks over all of you, before his eyes settle on you. Before any of you can react, he lunges at you, and then flips over your back. He lands behind you, and then jabs your neck. You feel something like a jolt go through you, and your body feels weird.

Before you have time to think about it for too much, you blast him with your aura, setting him on fire. He drops to the ground without saying anything else, and then all of your team begins to head on back to base, talking about how weird that was, and how weak he had been. Without another word, all of you get onto the airship, and start to fly back to the base of operations. The rest of your team all talks behind you about what they plan on doing when they get back, but you just have a small smile on your face. You're going to go home, and then see Kali. Every stressful thing about the past few days fades away when you think of her holding you.

The only stop between you and Kali is when you have to give a report to Ghira, the High Leader of the White Fang, although that might be a little generous. Of late, more and more violent members of the White Fang have been gaining power and influence. Adam Tauras for example, was so beloved among most in the White Fang that he was starting to have more influence than the more reserved members such as Ghira and Sienna. By this point, Ghira was more of a puppet, who sat in the position of High Leader, almost as a placeholder between someone from the new generation usurped power.