Thunderstorm: Ruby x Reader

-Ruby Pov-

I sit in my dorm with Weiss, and she helps me go over some note we took together for the class, and then she helps me read from the textbook. Blake also sits in the corner, and then reads from one of her books, which is absolute filth from the pieces I ended up reading. I have no idea where Yang is, since maybe it means some peace and silence for my team. As much as I love Yang, I need to focus on studying with Weiss, since we have a big test coming up, and I need to pass to bring up my grade.

As I think that the fact Yang is missing, the door swings open, and then there stands my sister, arms in the air, hollering triumphantly. Blake sighs, knowing the silence is over and then she puts her book away, looking at it somewhat sadly. Weiss and Yang begin to playfully banter about her being too loud and ruining the peace, and I chuckle to myself when I'm able to see that my team has gotten to a point where we can playfully joke like this, as opposed to what it would have been like when we first got here, with Yang and Weiss actually arguing.

" Alright girls, I have the best news," says Yang, and we all look at her curiously. Blake looks at her a little bit skeptically since Yang has promised this time and time again. Weiss has her eyes raised in playful irritation and confusion, and I sigh. Whenever Yang promises that she has the best news ever, it usually means something has gone wrong. The last time she told me this, Dad and I ended up having to pick her up from Junior's when she had drunk dialed us. I wonder what it could possibly be this time.

" Okay, so I was just getting back from a detention with Miss Goodwitch, and then she told me something which I knew I needed to tell all of you. Ladies, the next few days, we're going to have all of our classes canceled," she says, and then all of us look at her in confusion.

" This isn't the first time you said this," says Blake, eyes narrowing as she looks for any evidence Yang is making this up. " And last time you said this, we all got detention for skipping class. I don't trust this."

Weiss and I agree with her point, and then add on other examples of when Yang has told us something that wasn't true as a prank, and so Yang sighs and jokes with us that we need to have more trust in her. " Come on guys," she says. " Have none of you seen the weather forecast? The biggest storm to ever hit Remnant is coming up. All areas are going to be losing power, and they want us to stay in our dorms and be save." All of us look at her, and then check our scrolls to see the confirmed news that a storm is indeed coming.

" Well, I might use this time to catch up on some reading," says Blake. " Even if we lose power, I have candles I can use to read. I was going to the bookstore later on today anyways. Do any of you girls want me to pick you anything up, since there's no way any of us are going to be going out during the power outage?"

" Maybe you could pick up some batteries for us," says Yang, and then Blake nods and begins to write down different requests for us to get, ranging from books to read, batteries and back-up generators as well as different food and drinks. The list gets rather long, and I haven't said anything, and then Blake looks over at me.

" C-cookies," I manage to tell her eventually, and she nods and writes it down. I can't tell any of my team, but if this is the biggest storm to hit Beacon, I'm scared out of my mind. Thunder has always been something that scared me a lot, just the sounds and then the flashes of lightning.

Blake nods, and then goes down with Weiss to get everything, and then Yang promises she'll join them after a little bit, and then they nod and go to wait downstairs for her. " Are you going to be okay Rubes," she asks, and then I sigh and look down.

" I'll be fine," I lie. Yang looks at me for a few moments, and then nods and then goes down to join Blake and Yang, and then I sit in the room and look outside the window, and whimper a little bit just when I see the rain already starting to fall.