Big Ego, but Big Heart ( Pyhrra Nikos X Reader)

-Your Pov-

You walked down into the arena, doing the best you could not to get the light from the camera shudders in your eyes. Still, you smiled when you saw that you were the center of attention once again. Along the way into the arena, you took the time to start blowing kisses towards your fans, and then waving and gesturing for them to clap and cheer louder. Some of the fans in the audience rolled their eyes when they saw you, but you simply scoffed at them. You knew they were just jealous it wasn't them who got this far into the tournament. You took special care to blow kisses their way, since you knew it would set them off even more. Fireworks and confetti shot out all around you, and the trail of it stopped when you got to the center of the ring. Cracking your neck and knuckles for a bit, you then waited for your opponent to walk into the ring.

On the other side of the arena walked in the only person in this tournament who might be worth your time in a fight, Phyrra Nikos. Her weapons were rested simply on her back, and her pose gave no indication of what she might have been thinking at this time. The same fireworks and confetti shot out around her, but she paid them no attention. The crowd was screaming and chanting her name, but she simply walked past them, tuning out everything other than the fight in front of her. She eventually made it into the ring with you, and then the announcer ran in the ring with the two of you to ask some of his questions. You rolled your eyes at this, wanting a chance to win this fight and go home, but still you couldn't help but be a little excited to give the interview.

" So, Phyrra. People are saying this is the fight of the century, and that whoever wins this is the best fighter in your age range. Knowing the stakes of this battle, do you have anything you would like to say to the fans you have back at home," he asks, and then he hands her the microphone, and she smiles a little bit.

" I would like to thank them all for their support which led me here," she says humbly, and the crowd cheers when she says this. " And, I want them to know I'm always going to do the best I can to give them a performance worth watching."

He nods when she says this, and then he quickly dashes over to you. " And now for (y/n). It's been said that Phyrra is the only real competition you have in this tournament, and the only one who has a chance at beating you. What do you have to say to those people?" You smirked when he said this, and then you took the microphone from his hands.

" To me, everyone's an amateur," you told him, causing a mix of boos and cheers from the fans, and then you tossed him the microphone back. He struggled to catch it, and then you looked over to see Phyrra, her face setting with confidence, but also a hint of anger in her green eyes. As the two of you looked each other down, the announcer began to explain the rules of the fight, and then he walked out of the ring.

He began to ask the two of you if you were ready, and then Phyrra nodded at him, and then he turned to you. " Born ready," you told him with a smirk, and then he sounded the bell to indicate the start of the match, and then the two of you flew towards each other, and collided in the air, sending out shockwaves which took out portions of the arena. The two of you disengaged and then began to circle each other, getting ready for the fight to come.

The two of you began to fight each other for a little bit, until you sighed with disappointment. Looking at the  display in the arena, you saw that your aura was still in the green, while hers had dropped to yellow. On top of that, you had yet to use all of your energy. You had hoped at the very least a fight with her could kill your boredom, but apparently not. You saw that the fight also had plenty of time, and you didn't want to spend it all bored like this. And so, the next time she charged at you, you summoned a energy blade around your arm and swung it for her. She lifted her shield, but the blade cut right through it, and then her eyes widened with shock. Taking advantage of her confusion, you rushed her and the two of you started a close range fight. You easily overpowered her, and then kicked her out of the arena, breaking her aura at the same time.