Ruby Rose x Reader songfic ( Ne-Yo Another Love Song)

-Your Pov-

You smiled to yourself as the crowd began to all cheer loudly when you finished the song. There was something about the crowd cheering and chanting for you to do an encore that was addictive. All musicians who performed talked about it, and you had never really understood it yourself, until you had done your first show. Since then, some small part of you had been addicted to the rush of performing and hearing the cheers of the crowd. Surveying the crowd, you smiled when you saw your girlfriend Ruby, and all of her friends cheering the loudest. All of them were big fans of your music, and it made you happy to see.

Still, seeing them in the crowd, you knew it was probably time to go. And so, you told the crowd a brief thanks for coming, and then dashed into the changing room. Quickly, you shrugged your way out of the tuxedo and the mask you had been wearing, and hang them up the best you can, before also tossing your fedora into the corner. You quickly dressed yourself, and then raced on your motorcycle before getting to Beacon Academy. Hopping off, you dashed up and into your dorms, and sat down, pretending to study.

If one had been observing you from a distance, they might have been inclined to ask why you were so quick to leave the concert, and why it was you were in such a hurry to get back before Ruby saw you, especially if the two of you were dating. It isn't like you had anything to hide right? The truth was, that Ruby had no idea that you were a singer. In all the time the two of you had been together, you never revealed that fact to her, and she actually never asked.

No one at Beacon knew you were the performer all of them were obsessed with. The first time you had sung on stage, you had been so nervous that you wore a mask and changed your clothing style. That way, if no one liked you, then no one would know it was you. When the concert had ended, you were feeling more confident, but your manager had insisted you keep the mask on, as part of some marketing ploy. It had stuck, and now you had to live a double life, as the shy and somewhat awkward (y/n) and the confident and mysterious performer, ' Ne-Yo.'

The truth was, some part of you was happier since you had a double life. It was certainly easier for you in a lot of ways. You knew how badly celebrities such as Pyhrra got swarmed, and how hard it was for her to have private moments with her friends and families. You had no idea how she managed to stay so calm at interviews, and deal with her nagging fans. Keeping your performing a secret had given you back so much more free time, as well as made it so much easier for you to spend time with your loved ones. On top of that, from a business standpoint, being anonymous was one of the things that helped spread your fame. Pretty much everyone wanted to figure out who Ne-Yo really was, and it made it so someone was always focused on you.

Despite that, you really had wanted to tell Ruby about your double life. You hated lying to her, and keeping so many secrets from her. Nights like these when she was so excited to go to your concerts, she would always ask you to go with her, always so excited and full of life about it. And yet each and every time, you had to come up with some dumb excuse as to why you couldn't go. It made you feel guilty when she simply nodded and was still so happy, you hated seeing how much she trusted you and how much you lied to her.

As you thought this to yourself, the door opened and Ruby burst over to hug you from behind. You did your best to return it, and listen as she talked to you happily about how the concert was so cool. Every so often, you had to try and keep a straight face about it, but as always, you love seeing her so happy, and so full of life. " And then he said he would be performing at our senior prom," says Ruby, and then she gets really happy, which makes you laugh.

Eventually, she has to leave to go back to sleep, and then the two of you kiss each other good night. As she walks off, you look at her as she goes. Times like these, you wonder what you had done in your past life to be deserving of any of this, your friends here at Beacon, and of course, your girlfriend. She was incredible, and you couldn't believe that the two of you had been dating since freshman year.