Nora x Reader

-Your pov-

The three of you walked throughout the city, and all of your stomachs were growling, but you did the best you could to ignore the sound. Complaining about it wasn't going to do anything, since you had all eaten the last of the food a little bit back. On top of the growing hunger in your stomach was the pain in your feet. All of your shoes had withered away a long time ago, and you were forced to walk for miles per day. You ignored the blood dripping from your feet the best you could. No matter how much pain you may have been in, you knew the consequences of stopping.

" I'm tired," says Nora. " Is there any chance we can stop soon," she asks, facing Ren, who became the leader of your group due to his ability to make choices faster than either you or Nora, and was able to keep a calm head, even in the worst circumstances.

" I'm sorry, but no. We're too close to the forest for comfort," he explains. " I don't want us to stop here and then be attacked the Grimm. If we keep going, we can make it into the next town tonight." Nora looks a little bit dejected when he says this, but nods anyways. She tries to take a step, and then she practically falls over.

Reaching, you catch her and then prop her on your back. " Thanks (y/n)," she mutters to you sleepily, and you nod and begin to carry her on your back. Eventually, the three of you manage to make it to a small town, and find a place relatively out of sight. Setting Nora down, she kisses your cheek which makes you blush, and then touch where her lips touched your cheek. " I'll carry you next time when you get tired," she promises.

You and Nora sit around Ren as he tries to make a fire, and then her eyes widen when he manages to make a small one. " You're so cool Ren," says Nora, and then she tackles him into a hug, and kisses his cheek. For some reason, a small pang of jealousy runs through you when she does this.

That night, you take first watch, and then you sit watching the night, and then you remember so you shook Nora awake. She looks at you tiredly, and then you fumble around in the ratty bag you have, and then pull out a sloth stuffed animal you found awhile back. " I know it isn't much, but I know your birthday was a few days ago," you tell her. " I wanted to give you this."

Her eyes widen when she sees this, and then she hugs you. " Thanks so much," she says. " I love it. I'm gonna name it '(y/n) Jr.'" You laugh when she says this, and then she gets to sleep easily as she holds onto the sloth stuffed animal. Seeing her like this makes you smile, and then you promise yourself you're going to do whatever you can to make her that happy in the future.

-Timeskip your pov-

The years pass, and all of you are walking down to another town. Only a few more to go before you make it to the real destination all of you have been after for some time: Beacon Academy. If you can make it there, then everything else that's happened over the past few years is going to be worth it. If the three of you can become huntsman, than maybe you would be able to make sure that no one ended up like you had.

As you thought this, Nora began to poke your cheek, and so you turned to see her, and she offered you a really big smile. You returned it, and then she handed you a pancake, which had quickly become both your favorite food, as well as hers. It was one of the only things the three of you could make, and it became a staple to all of you. Taking the pancake, you began to eat it as the two of you talked about what weapons you wanted when you got to be huntsman.

That night, the three of you set up the tent, and then Ren built a fire. You again offered for first watch, and then to your surprise, Nora said she was going to stay up with you. You would never protest something like that however, since any time you spent with Nora was amazing, especially when it was just the two of you. She took a spot next to you, her sloth stuffed animal in her arms, and a big smile on her face as she looks up to see the stars, which shine brighter than ever tonight.