Cheater Emerald x Android Reader x Ruby

-Your Pov-

You sat in the training range, and waited patiently as your mechanic did a routine maintenance check. No matter how many times you had done these, he never stopped being less methodical, checking every piece of you twice, as if it had broken since the last time he had done it. As he worked, he hummed an old song to himself, and began to change pieces in and out of you. No matter how many times he did this, you never felt any different, which made you wonder what the point was for him switching the pieces. However, you knew if you said anything, he would work even slower out of spite, and say something about how patience was a virtue.

As he worked on you, Penny sat happily in the chair across from you, her mechanic working much quicker than yours was. She stuck her tongue out at you, and then you rolled your eyes. It never ceased to amaze you how childish she was, despite being a state of the art weapon, the final stages of one of Ironwood's many secret plans. And yet, Penny was content to act like a child, even with the gravity of being an android, and everything that came with it.

The two of you had gotten more lectures than you cared to remember about how important it was for the two of you to blend into society. You were the first Androids to have souls which meant that if anyone knew your secret, they would be dying to try and replicate it, and both you and Penny held thousands of bytes of confidential information inside of you. Every day, Ironwood reminded you of the responsibilities you had, not only as an Atlas cadet, but as the embodiment of Atlas's technology and military might.

Sitting there bored out of your mind, you then watched as Ironwood walked into the room. Both of the mechanics stopped, and then quickly came to attention, as did you and Penny. He gave all of you the command to stand at ease, which you gladly did, sitting back down to let the maintenance work on you continue. Ironwood then used something to display a map of Beacon Academy, and then he looked at you and Penny, and then you sighed mentally when you realized what was coming, which was the speech about the responsibilities the two of you had.

" Cadets, as you know, the Vytal Festival is coming up. This year, it's to be held on the grounds of Beacon Academy. The two of you will be going to represent your teams, as well as the larger Atlas Academy. Each of you represents the best chance Atlas has at winning the tournament, and bringing pride to the kingdom. I expect the two of you to compete honorably and well. However, that isn't why I called you here. Ozpin has offered for students from the other academies to stay at Beacon, and have a chance to learn their curriculum. The two of you are our best students, and so will be representing Atlas as transfer students."

Ironwood continues to talk and give you instructions, and then he walks out of the room and you all render a salute as he leaves, and then Penny has a big smile on her face, and looks at you eagerly. " This is sensational," she says, talking quickly. " I've already had the chance to see places in the Beacon area, and they're simply beautiful! And (y/n), this would give you a chance to meet all my friends I made, and the Ruby girl I keep telling you about!"

You nod as she continues to quickly talk, and then find yourself on an airship to Beacon. As you land, you can't help but notice that the area's are beautiful, just like how Penny had described. Compared to how Atlas looks, this is a veritable utopia. When you see the school, you note to yourself how the students are all laughing, and having fun and bantering with each other, a far cry from the formal salutes and referring to each other by looks you all are accustomed to at Atlas. This feels like a school and not mandatory military service.

Penny noted to you that it was lunch time for the students at Beacon, and then she quickly and eagerly dragged you to the cafeteria, and then looked around the room. Looking around, you saw all kinds of different hair cuts, appearances and ways of dressing, almost none of which would fly at Atlas. Before you can continue to think this, Penny taps your shoulder, and then points to a group of four students, whose names she quickly rattles off to you. " Blake, Yang, that's Weiss, isn't her hair amazing, and then that's Ruby," she says, and then you nod, before you get dragged to sit at the table with her.