Yang x Reader

-Yang Pov-

I sat in my dorm, and tried to focus on playing the video game I was trying to beat, but I kept getting bored, and then tossing aside my controller. A few moments would pass, and then I needed something to do again, and so I would go over to my controller and then start trying to play the game again. It was a little difficult to do with any real success, since I kept being distracted by my team, and occasionally joining in the conversation. Weiss and Ruby would try to study their homework together, Weiss would get annoyed and then Ruby would use puppy eyes and Weiss would calm down. I would occasionally stop the game to join in and ask them if we had any homework, as well as ask to copy it.

I kept playing the video game, and then I sighed and plugged in my headphones to my scroll, and then tried to focus on the music I wanted to listen to, but even that wasn't enough to bring me out of my boredom. I kept trying to find something to do to keep me entertained but there was nothing really. I couldn't really keep a conversation with Blake all that well even though the two of us were partners and Weiss and Ruby were busy annoying each other. It got to a point where I even tried to work on my homework, but that also got boring quickly. And so, I sat, considering which bar I should go to to break the mold a little bit, and maybe give Junior a break.

Eventually, I decide that really I just want to mess with Junior, and that getting into a fight might be enough to break me out of my boredom, and so I stand up and then begin to pack what I need to go to Junior's. I tell my team where I'm going, and then Blake nods, and I roll my eyes when Weiss and Ruby don't even hear me over the argument they're having about something or another. Blake mouths to me that she can just pass on the message, and then I nod and go down to the door. Before I can open it, I hear rapid pounding and knocking, and several voices behind the door, and so I roll my eyes and step back. A few moments pass, and then the door falls in and the other three members of Team JNPR try to hold Nora back.

Sighing when I see this, I let them into the dorm, and then Weiss and Ruby stop bickering to look over at them, and then Blake puts down her book. Nora begins to talk quickly and happily about something that she heard, but she speaks so quickly none of us can understand what she's saying. I feel myself getting more and more lost, until Weiss steps up. " Please speak slower," she says, and then Nora nods and begins to talk at the exact same speed. She finishes talking, and looks at us with an expectant look, though all the members of my team are just confused.

" There's going to be a tournament coming up. It's called the ' World Warrior Tournament.' It used to be held alongside the Vytal Festival, but it fell out of favor quickly due to the Festival being more popular, and better funded. However, this year Ozpin agreed to host it at Beacon. Everyone who wants is allowed to sign in to participate. Those who do get extra credit for the semester, and don't have to go for exams for their combat class," Ren explains, and then they hand us the fliers before Ren is dragged by his team to go somewhere else.

All of us look at the flier for a few moments, and then begin to talk about it, and if they want to enter or not. Weiss begins to explain how much the extra credit is and what it can do for our grades, Ruby begins to talk about all the weapons she can see in the tournament, and Blake stays silent in the corner for the most part. However, all of us eventually agree to enter, especially since I don't want to take that combat final exam. And so, we all go down to enter our names in the tournament.

The day the other fighters arrive, we stand with Pyrrha who begins to point out the people she's fought before, and the ones to look out for in the tournament. Eventually, my eyes fall on someone, tall and muscular. I tap Pyrrha, and then point to him, and her eyes widen a little bit. " Oh, that's (y/n) (l/n)" she says. " He fights in these every year, and has won all of them. Not a lot is known about him. I never fought him, but my agents really tried to make that fight possible, so he must be strong."