Vampire Ruby x Male Reader

( it must be said this comes with a lot of alterations to the main RWBY universe. You probably won't enjoy all of them, but please keep that in mind.)

-Ruby Pov-

As the night falls, I sigh, and I feel tears well in my eyes. The change back into my...other form scares me so much, and I don't understand how it works. But, like always it comes. I feel my muscles expanding with strength, and my eyes narrow. My senses all grow more powerful, and then like always, the hunger comes. A hunger that no amount of cookies could ever fill. No, it borders on an emptiness that demands to be filled. For whatever reason, the only thing that can fill this gap is blood. I don't want to hurt anyone, but like always I might be forced too. I check the refrigerator, and begin to cry freely. We have no more of the blood we used to keep with us. This means tonight I have to go hunt for blood.

Crying, I go and find my scythe. My uncle taught me how to use it, him a vampire himself. He told me that I need to be able to defend myself if I ever come across a vampire hunter. Especially because I still haven't been able to figure out a lot of the abilities that come with being a vampire. Unlike my mother and uncle, I haven't been able to turn into a swarm of bats, or assume the mist form. The hypnotism has also been something out of reach. However, I don't mind all that much. The more abilities I have, the easier it would be for me to hurt someone. I'm always careful to only take the exact amount of blood I need. And yet, I always feel guilty. Wiping my tears, I step out into the night to hunt for the blood I need for tonight.

-Your Pov-

Getting home, you don't bother to remove your clothing, or change at all. You throw yourself onto the bed, and begin to snore right away. However, your scroll rings not thirty seconds later. " What," you asked angrily into the phone. " Do you have any idea what time it is?"

" 12:30," says the voice of your sister, Bella. " And, I have another job for you. I got a call from someone, and they had gotten a recommendation for you. There's another vampire in the area around Beacon Academy."

You sit up, mildly interested. " Bella, I am not the only vampire hunter in the world. So, there is that. On top of that, I literally just got back from a fight with a vampire. So, I'm good. Whoever called you can find someone else."

However, you know that isn't true, which Bella is gonna remind you off in a few minutes. The two of you are considered prodigies in the world of vampire hunting, and the young age of the two of you makes more people trust you. It just never stops being less of a pain in the ass when you get calls in the wee hours of the night to go try and fight something which is pretty much impossible to kill.

" Yes, all of that is true," says Bella. " And I'm sorry. If I was at my best, I would go out to go and deal with it. But, right now I need to count on you." You sigh, and know she's telling the truth. Your sister was injured in a past fight, and was wheelchair bound after. " Besides, the request was specifically for the 'Silver-Bullet.'"

Rolling your eyes, you got out of the bed. " Why do people even call me that," you mutter to her. " Those work on werewolves, not vampires. I have never fired a silver-bullet in my entire life. But, okay. Give me the details."

Your sister thanks you, and then you say something sarcastic, before she does the same. " Be careful though," she says. " I mean it. After what happened to me, and before that mom. I don't want vampires to affect our family again."

" Then I should stop fighting them," you mutter sarcastically, not used to her being sincere. However, you sigh. " Okay. I promise that I'm going to be okay Bella." She thanks you for this, before texting you the location of the vampire.

-Ruby Pov-

I run quickly after I leave the house. My thirst is satiated for the night, and I need to make it home before the sun rises. I know I have plenty of time, but I also want to be able to sleep for the night. I feel so bad for draining the blood from whoever that was, but I try and tell myself that in the end he'll be fine. In the end, he's going to live. And I was careful to not make him a vampire. I took just enough blood.