Summer Rose x Male Reader

-Summer Pov-

I sit in my dorm, and then let out a bored sigh. I've been reading and trying to focus on this book for the past hour, assigned reading for one of my classes, but it's the most boring thing in the world.  I would rather be working on my weapon, or doing anything else right now, and yet here I am stuck here. In the corner of the room, Qrow and Raven are sitting in either side of the room, bickering with each other, something about how he drinks too much. Tai attempts to calm down the situation by flirting with either me or Raven, but the both of us ignore him, a little annoyed with how many times we tried to shut down his flirting. Idly, I note to myself that this is boring. The team dynamic was dysfunctional, but it was like a family, and it being dysfunctional was just something you got used to overtime. This was our final year at Beacon, and nothing had changed in the dynamic, and so what once would have been chaotic and something I tried to manage was now just something I was used to, a part of life I couldn't imagine not having. I was really going to miss all of them when I graduated.

Before I can think about that for too long, the door opens and then Glynda walks in, holding some fliers in her hand. Her presence makes everyone look up at her, and then she smiles and comes over.  " I just got back from a student council meeting," she says. " I wanted to let you all know that we're not going to have all our classes tomorrow. There's going to be an assembly in the morning, and then the combat class we have is going to be in the Emerald Forest, so I was asked to tell you all to make sure your weapons are ready just in case something happens."

Qrow stops his arguing with Raven, and then he lets out a whoop of joy, and then he begins to drink from his flask in celebration, and then he begins to pump his fist into the air. " Yes! I can get caught up on my sleep during the assembly, and then I can finally start to fight in combat class, instead of getting lectured for fighting drunk," he says, and then Glynda rolls her eyes and asks us if we have any questions she can answer for us.

" I'm happy as Qrow," admits Tai. " But, what exactly is the assembly going to be for, and then why is the combat class in the forest tomorrow? It just seems so different from what we normally do that I can't help but be curious." Glynda smiles when he asks this, and then begins to hand out fliers to all of us for the assembly, and then Raven and Tai begin to read them, while I curiously accept mine, and then Glynda steps back.

" You all remember (y/n) right," she asks, and then we look up, our eyes wide. Of course we remembered (y/n). He had been a second year when we were first years, and he had been one of our mentors, and we all looked up to him, and enjoyed spending time with him. We had all been sad when he had graduated and left us behind, and then he had totally lost touch with us when he got bust with the missions he needed to go on as a huntsman. " He arranged with Ozpin to come back and talk to us about what it's like to be an actual huntsman, and then (y/n) wanted combat class to be in the forest so he could show us some things he learned as a huntsman, as a little bit of encouragement for us all to stick with it for our last part of senior year and not give up."

All of us nod, and then Glynda leaves to hand out pamphlets to the rest of us, and then leaves. I look at the pamphlet, and then smile when I see that the assembly is going to be long enough to get me out of all the classes I hate, and then of course when I see combat class and that I get to see (y/n) fight. I always loved to see him fight, and then of course I was so happy to see him again. I never had the chance to admit it before he left, but I always used to have the biggest crush on him. He had been so cool, and kind and of course handsome. I had planned to admit it to him, but I had chickened out at the last minute, and lost my nerve. Maybe this time, I would be able to admit to him how I felt.

As I think this, Raven points out how we should all get some sleep since tomorrow is going to be a big day, and that we should get some sleep for it. We all agree, and then start getting ready to sleep early, and then I bring up a teddy bear (y/n) had given to me as a going away present, and then I cuddle it close to me, telling myself that tomorrow, he's going to know how I really feel about him, and how I had felt about him for ages.