Pyhrra Nikos x abused reader

-Your Pov-

As you stood in the locker room, you took long deep breaths. Donning your armor, you took the time to constantly remind yourself that you have to breath, that you have to focus, and you can't let yourself be overwhelmed by this. You vaguely manage to register the words of your managers and coaches, as they tell you whatever strategies they can think about, whatever they think might give you a fighting chance. This is the final round of the tournament, and so you have to focus, after all this is the only that matters. This is the fight everyone came here to see, everything else a bit of a warm up before the main event took place. The fight you were about to enter wasn't going to be a fight between two unknowns the audience watched out of charity. This was the money fight, the title match. Pyhrra Nikos vs (y/n) (l/n). This was the fight that pretty much the entire world was going to have their eye on, both the sponsors of you and Pyhrra, people looking to beat both of you next year, scouts from the academies, trying to recruit the both of you, and every gambler in all of Remnant, not to mention the both of your parents.

Taking a final deep breath, you walked into the arena and began to bounce on the balls of your feet. You begin to close your eyes and bounce rapidly on the balls of your feet, and take as many breaths as you can. The announcer declares that Pyhrra is going to be entering the ring, and so you force yourself to calm down, and watch her as she enters. She walks in simply, with no elaborate theatrics behind her. When she makes her way onto the stage with you, you watch her keenly, looking for any signs of who she is. To your surprise, she takes the time to simply wave at you, before getting serious again.

Before you have too much time to focus on how happy just that small display of kindness made you, the announcer begins the random selection for the arena the two of you will be fighting on, while also hyping up the fight to the audience, as if any of them could be more excited for this. Taking a final deep breath, you readied yourself. When the bell sounded, you placed your hands together, and used your purple aura to summon a scythe in-between your hands. Her eyes widened with shock, but she quickly regained her composure as the fight between the two of you started.

As the bell sounds, you rush her using the scythe, instantly forcing her to go on the defensive. To you, there's so much more on the line than just the title. You need to win this fight, and so you know right from the start you have to give this all your energy and attention. She seems to sense the conviction you have runs deeper than just winning the title of strongest student, and so she too resolves to give it her all, readying her weapons and herself for a long fight.

" What a match," shouts the announcer when it ends, what feels like hours later. Her last hit was able to knock you out of the arena, and you land on your face. Your aura is also pushed to the limit, and you look up to see Pyhrra, sweating and breathing heavily, also on her last legs. " Ladies and gentleman, I have seen some intense fights in my time, but this one just has to take the cake. Give it up for Pyhrra Nikos!"

The crowd begins to go wild for her, and then you look on as her family makes their way down to her, all of them smiling with pride, which makes you wince, realizing how your family is going to react to this loss. Before you have time to process the thought for too long, Pyhrra makes her way over to you. Out of force of habit, you shiver, remembering lying at your father or mother's feet like this as they would kick you one more time.

However, this isn't what happens. She smiles at you, and then offers a hand. You tentatively reach for it, and then take it and she gently helps you up, and then drapes your shoulder around her when you wince as you stand. " That was a great fight," she says to you earnestly. " You should be proud."

You smile when she says this, and then the reporters come over and flock to the both of you. She lets go of you after a few moments, and then only after confirming that you can stand on your own. The two of you then go on to pose for pictures together, and smile and wave for the cameras, as well as answer questions for the interviewers. As the interviews end, you make your way to the locker room, dreading what comes next.