Yang x Reader

-Your Pov-

You sat on the couch with Yang, playing video games. A sleeve of girl scout cookies sat between the two of you, and so did a bottle of Mountain Dew. The two of you sat in silence, and did your best to focus on the game. Occasionally, she would give a sniffle, and then you would look over to make sure she wasn't crying again. Her eyes were still red from the first wave of tears she had shed, and they were puffy. However, she had said she didn't want you worrying, and just wanted you to sit with her, and play video games, eat ice cream and things like that. You knew she was still frustrated, since she was dropping combos she normally would land, but you didn't want to ask her questions, and risk making her angry with you.

" You can talk to me you know," she says, shaking you out of your thoughts. She has a smile on her face, which seems somewhat genuine. " I mean, yeah I'm upset, but that doesn't mean we can't talk about it. Aren't you at least a little bit curious why the two of us broke up," she asks in a tone that lets you know right away she wants to talk about it, to go on a rant and get it out of her system.

The honest truth is that you have no interest in hearing why be broke up with her, because the truth is you've heard pretty much every reason there is as to why people break up with Yang Xiao Long. They aren't ready for a relationship. They didn't want to commit. She had moved too quickly for them. They wanted to see other people. They were on different paths in life, and every breakup cliche in-between. It may have been terrible, but at this point, you had a bingo card made of all the reasons for a breakup. So no, you weren't really curious as to why they broke up. You got tired of hearing why people threw away a chance you would do anything for.

But, none of that is what you say to her. " Sure," you tell her. " But, fair warning. If the reason is, 'It's not you, it's me,' I'm actually going to lose my mind." That was one of the most common reasons you had heard, and you never got why people said it. You'd heard it a few times yourself, and it never failed to stop being stupid to you.

" No, it isn't that," she says. " So, basically I found him in bed with another girl, and I was really angry and confronted him about it. And you know what he told me? He said it was because I was already cheating on him with you. So dumb."

That's actually a new one, or at least a variation on an old one. This was the first time Yang had ever been accused of cheating with you, though not the first time you had indirectly ended a relationship for Yang. Sometimes, the guy was jealous of how close the two of you were, others the guy had been rude to you, and Yang broke things off with him because she wasn't okay with how he treated you. But, never before had anyone actually flat out accused her of cheating with you.

" I told him you and I were just friends," she continues, which breaks you out of your trance. " But, then he got mad at me and tried to say something stupid about how guys and girls can never be entirely platonic, and then he went on to say a bunch of stuff about how it was weird for me to be friends with someone I had dated, and then I argued with him about if I had dated you, and the whole thing was honestly so stupid."

You want to ask her if the idea of the two of you dating or having dated is that stupid, as you wince under her choice of her words, the tone in her voice when she talks about the idea, almost bordering on disgust. " I'm just saying, you and I have been friends since childhood, and nothing has ever happened between the two of us," she says again angrily. " And, of course none of that is even important since he was the one cheating on me."

" I'm sorry," you tell her, and she lets out a grunt in response, before the two of you go back to playing video games, as you try to push everything out of your mind except focusing on comforting her. Eventually, you get a notification from your scroll, a text from your team saying you have to go back for curfew. Standing to leave, you turn to Yang. " Alright, well I'll see you tomorrow."