Neo x Reader

-Your Pov-

You sighed to yourself as you walked down the halls of one of the White Fang bases. Soldiers heard the clicking of your shoes, and then moved quickly to give yourself as much room as you needed to get where you were going. Some of them even bowed or kneeled before you, which made you chuckle to yourself. None of them dared talk to you, or look you directly in the eyes. As you walked down the halls, you heard the murmurs and whisperings, as they wondered if you were who they thought you were, and the sounds of them either breathing too quickly, or their breath catching in their throat from fear.

Eventually, you made your way down the corridor, and then found your way into the conference room. A long table was set in the middle of it, and then you walked to it, and took your seat. As always, you were the first to arrive. In a few moments, Cinder was the first to walk in, joined by a girl with green hair, a boy with silver hair who's mouth seemed to have been set into a permanent smirk, Adam Taurus, looking unhappy as he always did, Roman Torchwick, cigar dangling from his mouth like always, and then Neo was the last to walk in, her same devilish smile on her face. She waved when she saw you, and you had to fight the urge to smile at her.

" Who are the new faces," you asked Cinder, gesturing to the boy and girl with silver and green hair. Everyone else you had seen before, but the two of them were unknowns to you, and in your line of work, unknowns were dangerous. Granted, you doubted either of them posed any real threat to you, but in your line of work it was also better to be safe than sorry, and it had often proved to be the difference between life and death for you.

" This is Emerald, and this is Mercury," said Cinder, gesturing to the two of them, and you nodded at them. " The two of them helped me obtain half the power of the Fall Maiden, and will be part of our plan moving forward. Emerald has a Semblance which makes her invaluable to our plan, and Mercury is the son of someone you used to work with, Marcus Black. He too has a role invaluable to our cause."

Emerald simply glanced at you, before looking back at Cinder. Clearly, Emerald was only here because Cinder was, doting on her every word and gesture. She was almost like a lost puppy following someone she decided would be her master. Meanwhile, Mercury tilted his head at you, and looked like he was trying to size you up. " Nah," he said eventually, causing everyone to look at him, and then Mercury just shrugged, and rested his hands behind his head and leaned back in the chair. " He doesn't look all that special to me," he explained.

Torchwick buried his head in his hands, as if embarrassed by his associate. Emerald smacked his arm, and then Cinder regarded him with the same look a parent would a child who said something out of turn in public. Adam paid no interest to the situation, he only cared if the conversation was about Blake. Neo cutely giggled into her hands a little bit, and then looked at Mercury like he was an idiot. At the mixed glances of the room, he simply shrugged. " Sorry, but if I'm trusting my life to someone, I need to know they're capable. And he doesn't seem nearly as tough as you all made him seem."

As you stood up, Mercury did as well. He looked at you for a few moments, and then flew for you with a kick. Standing still, you activated your Semblance, and then his attacks passed harmlessly through you. You let him do this for a little bit, and then placed to fingers to his chest. Suddenly, you closed your hand into a fist, and then he doubled over in pain, coughing up blood, and he dropped to the ground, weakly asking what you did to him, as he tried to rise, to no avail.

" My Assassin's Fist technique," you explained simply to him. " I targeted the point where your aura flows through your body, and I stopped the flow of it. You won't be able to move or use your Semblance for a few hours. Be thankful I left you alive." Sitting back down at the table, the rest of the meeting went a lot smoother, save for the sound of him coughing up blood or groaning in pain.