Qrow x Winter

-Winter Pov-

Qrow Branwen was one of those people, who if you were a huntsman, you couldn't get too far without hearing about. He was as close as we got to having legends, or mythical figures, and he meant a lot of things to a lot of different people, simply by being who he was. To Taiyang Xiao Long, he was a best friend, and had been a source of comfort when Raven Branwen, and then later when Summer Rose had vanished without a trace. To Ruby Rose and Yang Xiao Long, he was the best uncle in the world, and one of the most important people to them, close enough to them that even if he had no blood relationship to Ruby Rose, he would always be her uncle no matter what happened. To Ozpin and Glynda, he was a friend, one of their oldest friends, and someone they could always count on for difficult missions and anything else in the world. To Ironwood, and many Atlas officials, he was a pain to deal with, but someone who always got the results we needed. To a generation of training huntsman, Qrow Branwen as a hero, a member of Team STRQ and someone they all looked up to.

So what was Qrow Branwen to me? To me, Qrow Branwen had been many things. At first, to me Qrow Branwen was someone I hated to be in the same room with. He could be so annoying to be around, with me being as formal as I like to be, and with how blunt and sarcastic he can be. The two of us clashed frequently, often coming to blows over the smallest altercation or incident. Of course, with the two of us being almost exactly evenly matched, our fights rarely reached a conclusion beyond the promise for a rematch.

As time went on, I came to respect him a little bit more, or at least his fighting ability and prowess, which even I was unable to deny. And for his part, I felt him start to respect me a little bit more with each passing fight we had, even if he would never admit it out loud because of who he was. When the two of us reached a level of mutual respect for each other, it became more common for the two of us to go on missions with each other, and have to rely one each other for help and support, often trusting each other with our lives.

After enough of those missions, the two of us came to have a little bit of an odd friendship. I can never forget when the two of us had been at the bar to celebrate a mission, when the two of us had our first conversation with each other, completely devoid of any insults, when he had offered me to drink with him. It was then when I found the two of us had more in common than I had thought initially, and the shared experiences we had with each other made it possible for us to connect in a way that few other people would be able to.

We had been friends for about a month when I realized that I was romantically attracted to Qrow Branwen. I don't mean in the same way many people would have meant that. One of the other things which Qrow Branwen meant to a lot of people was a celebrity crush. Over the years, I had seen him in magazines, in lists of eligible bachelors, and heard his name used in games such as ' Bed, wed or behead.' I had overheard conversations from people about the things they would do to Qrow, or the things they would want Qrow to them if they had the chance.

I noticed why a lot of people thought so upfront. While I may be a little more uptight than some others, I'm not blind, so of course I was one of those people who did consider Qrow attractive. He took care of himself physically for someone of his age, was strong, and easy on the eyes. And it wasn't just that, he could be funny when he wanted to be, and he was an amazing uncle to Ruby and Yang, which only made him more attractive in my eyes.

It was me who was the first to act on my attraction for him. I did the best I could to keep things professional for a little bit, so as not to jeopardize my reputation as a huntress. It was the small things at first, finding excuses to brush my hand against his, letting my gaze linger on him for a moment too long, or staring at his muscles for a second more than I should have been. Once I was sure he shared an attraction to me, when I had seen him watching my buttocks or breasts when I walked, when he brushed his hands against mine or when I had caught him staring into my eyes, I had decided to take a chance on him.