6 - The 'Job'

Erick's POV

I woke up with Isabella in my arms, under the sheet. She's still sleeping, so I played with her hair, impressed by her beauty. Wait, I can't fall in love with her. I can't fall in love with anyone. This is not me.

Isabella moves from my arms and rubbed her eyes

Isabella moves from my arms and rubbed her eyes. "Hey there." she said to me with her sleepy voice.

"Morning, princess." I kissed her head.

"Stay for breakfast?" she asked me.

I nod my head. "Are we having breakfast like this?" I referred to our naked body.

She laughed so hard her head falls back. "Loco cubano." she pushed my shoulder.

She puts her shirt on and pecked on my lips before she walked to the door. She even winked at me and let out her tongue before leaving the room.

I put on my pants and took out my phone. Just a few texts from some girls, and one from Richard.

Rita: Morning baby ❤

Karina: Have you forgotten about me? 😔

Camacho: Tell me the truth, you're with Isabella aren't you?

I replied to Richard's first. I know it's going to be suspicious, Isabella and I disappeared at the same time.

Me: I'm at her place now. Dude, does Chris say anything?

I know they just met and Isabella was the one that came for me first, but I still care about my bro's feelings.

Richard: Nope, he didn't say a thing.

Well I guess we're fine then. Not that I planned to date Isabella anyway. She's just another girl I slept with. Don't get me wrong, she's pretty, but every girl I fucked with is pretty.

I was replying to the other girls's texts when Isabella yelled for me from downstairs. I yelled back and ran downstairs to the kitchen.

There she is, serving the waffles wearing just a loose tank top and a shorts. Her hair is tied on a messy bun and she's dancing to Camila Cabello's Havana.

"Mami you're sexy." I approached her and grabbed her waist.

She giggled and kiss my neck. "Go eat your breakfast, cubano."

"Uh uh, I thought this is my breakfast." I kissed her lips. I'm going to get this girl all over me, the way she asked for it.

We had breakfast together before Richard gave me a call, asking me if I can come back so that we can work on for a cover on one of the latest hit song. Just before I left I gave Isabella a kiss.

I was about to leave when she pulled me closer to her body. "Are we going out or it's just a one night thing?" she asked, looking straight into my eyes.

For the first time in my life, I took a while to answer that question. Before this every time a girl asked me that I'll just say I'm not into her, and it's all just for pleasure. But Isabella, I'm still figuring out what do I want from her.

"Sure we're going out, mami. I'll talk to you later. I have to go now." I answered immediately before I left her house. What the fuck did you just tell her, Erick?

Arrived at our house, we all get into our garage where everything has been set up. Joel came to me and pull me to the corner of the room.

"Erick, tell me. Did you fuck with that Isabella?" Joel lowered his voice.

Chris is helping Richard with the amplifier. He didn't asked me anything when he met me just now. He doesn't even act like something is bothering him either.

I raised my shoulders. "Hmm, maybe? Did Chris said anything?" I answered.

"Well Richard and I just assumed that she left with you. Chris? You know how clueless he is. Even if he knew he'll be fine. They just met anyway. But bro, what kind of black magic are you practicing? How can you get girls just like that?" Joel slapped my chest.

I replied with a smirk. I don't know either. It happens naturally. Girls love me, or maybe it's my face? But these guys are not bad themselves too. I just have the charm, I guess.

It took us a few hours of playing the same song just to get the best recording. Richard will do the editing since he's the best at it. We were watching the outcomes when my phone rang.

I looked at the caller ID. It was from my boss Juan.

"Ssup?" I said as I answer.

"Erick, my bro. Come to our usual place, bro. We need to talk." he said on the other line.

"Okay then. Give me 10 minutes." I said before I ended the call.

Let me get this straight, this band is not giving me enough money so I need a way to get more income. I don't come from wealthy family like Joel and Richard. They don't have to work, their family gave them money enough for their daily expenses every month.

I'm working for Juan as a pusher in this area. He gave me the supply, I hand it to the buyer. Since he's calling me I can say he had a new buyer for me to deal with.

Zabdiel, Chris and I, we all worked to gain money so that we can support ourselves and the band. Zabdiel and Chris, they worked at a coffee shop. Me? I chose more thrilling job. I gained more than they did too.

I left the house and went to a workshop where Juan used to wait for me. This is where he make deals with people, and the transition place for his stuff. It's safe to say that this place is a camouflage for Juan's business. There I saw his car and some of his guys guarding the place.

"Hey parcero!" Juan yelled as soon as I entered the warehouse. He raised his hand for a high five.

I reached for his hand and gave him a bro hug. "Ssup, Juan? What do you have for me today?" I asked.

"Today you're not going to deliver things, man. I'm taking you further than just that." Juan looked at a guy at his back and they both smiled.

Wow. I can feel we're on something big right now. I've been working with Juan for a year and his trust on me just gets bigger each day.

One of his guys came to us with something seems like a map and let it open on the table. Fuck. That's the map of a bank. Since when did Juan get involved in things like this?

"Fuck, Juan. I thought we only do drugs." I said. Drugs are bad enough and now he wants me to rob?

Juan put his hand on my back and pat me. "The thing is, I hate being challenged, bro. One of my friend just dare me to test if my guys can do big things like this. And you're the best, you know that. So what do you say?"

If I refuse, Juan is going to lower his expectations on me. And I don't want him to. I don't have a choice. "Fine. I'm in."

Juan smiled. "Great. We'll meet the rest of the team tonight. I know I can count on you."